Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 08:25:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I hope I'm jumping the Gun!  (Read 65032 times)
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2015, 03:55:33 pm »

Just a quick update.  I'm in hospital and just out of theater well 2 hours ago felling pretty good under the curcumsiances.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2015, 04:15:08 pm »

Tom,

Really good news. You can now relax, lie back, reflect on where you are and think about these Carry On Nursing films.

Ian

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2015, 07:01:22 pm »

Nice one Tom, I hope that all has went well...  Smiley
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2015, 11:09:10 pm »

think about these Carry On Nursing films.

Just watch out for daffodils!
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2015, 02:46:28 am »

All the very best old boy!
Wishing you the speediest of recoveries.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2015, 08:07:50 am »

think about these Carry On Nursing films.

Just watch out for daffodils!

And Hattie Jacques tits - one of those in the eye would make it water a bit. 

Best wishes for a speedy recovery,

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2015, 01:09:36 pm »

Good luck with the rehab Tom, I'm sure it'll all go well.
I hope your day is going ok, - the first 24 hours after a general can be a bit up and down.
If you see any nurses even remotely resembling Charles Hawtrey, then keep tight hold of the sheets!
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2015, 01:30:24 pm »

Well it's my second day at home. I'm feeling pretty good un the circumstances. 

Did see Hattie or anyone resembling her.

The highlight of today will be a walk to the postbox.

t.

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2015, 02:17:06 pm »

Good luck with the rehab Tom, I'm sure it'll all go well.
I hope your day is going ok, - the first 24 hours after a general can be a bit up and down.
If you see any nurses even remotely resembling Charles Hawtrey, then keep tight hold of the sheets!
H

Sound advice as always H!

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2015, 09:24:25 pm »

Tom,

Good to hear - suggest you time your daily postbox run to coincide with collection times - the highlight of your day may, thus, be augmented by the sight of a shapely post person.....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2015, 08:53:08 pm »

Tom, sorry I'm late to this.
My very best wishes for your recovery and rehab.

Steve

I tested negative for patience.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2015, 02:20:02 am »

Hi Guys,

I thought I should give you all an update on my situation.    

After my TURBT I woke and my first thought was I need to visit the boys room PDQ.  But the nurse assured me that was normal and I only felt like that because of the Catheter.  So I started to look at what the situation was.   There were two large 3 Litre bags of Saline on a stand like they use when your on a drip.   The pipe from the bag disappeared under the rather fetching gown they had given me to wear.   Also appearing from under the gown was the exhaust pipe  and that disappeared over the side of the bed.    I was in the recovery area for quite a while while they waited for my room to be cleaned.  It turn out I was going to the "private wing" and the NHS where going to foot the bill.  :-)    After a while I plucked up the courage to check out the plumbing a bit more closely.    Moving back he gown my first thought was "Oh that looks like a USB symbol." only much larger.  Basically it was a unit to merged three pipes in to one. Once again I was quite supprised and wondered how on earth they could get something so large to fit.

The following day the Surgeon came in to see me telling me things had gone really well, but due the position of the tumour he was going to send me for a Pregnancy Ultra sound scan to check the passage from the kidneys to the Bladder.   He also confirmed that by the looks of things i.e. the exhaust from the catheter.  everything was going well and that they could remove said catheter and I could go home that afternoon.

Before leaving the ward I was given a beefing on what to watch for.   If it the colour of Larger thats OK,  If it's the Colour of Rose wine thats OK,
If it's the colour of Strawberry Jam thats bad and I should get myself to A&E.   If it's like Blackcurrant Jam thats good it's just the scab coming out.
I should add at this point my partner had not really be paying attention to things and wondered why I could eat Blackcurrant Jam but not Strawberry Jam.

I had been warned that things might be a bit painful for a day or two.  However that turned out to be more like three weeks.  Never again will I use the phrase "A piece of Piss.".

I went to see the Nurse two and a half weeks later.   She had the results of the biopsy.     She explained that my tumour was pTa Grade 3.  pTa means it's early stages non-invasive and from what I gather that's about a good as it gets.   However,  Grade 3 is not so good it means it can reappear.   She couldn't tell me what the next move would be until after a meeting to discuss my case the following day.   The options were go for another TURBT in a few weeks or go for BCG treatment followed by TURBT after that.

She phoned the next day to say I would be getting the BCG treatment.   So I was pretty chuffed about that.

For those that don't know BCG is the Tuberculosis Vaccine.  The treatment is having yet another tube poked up my intimate parts though thankfully this one is far more manageable. Then pumping about half a cup of BCG in.    So my routine is every Friday morning a trip down to the Hospital for the treatment.  I've had two treatments so far and no significant side effect though I'm told they do get worse each time.  So you can get a temperature and flu like symptoms.  I have four more to go this time.   Then I get three months off followed by three more doses three month off then another three months after the forth lot it goes to six months that all goes on for three years.

The treatment works in seven out of ten case so I'm hoping I'm one of the seven.

I'm still upbeat about things.   It's not life threatening nor do I have to change my way of life.   On the day I first heard about the possibilities I went to a Dinner Dance in aid of Breast Cancer.   The event was organised by a lady who had suffered from Breast Cancer and has the scar to prove it.  I'm pleased to say she has now been given the All Clear.    Compared to her I'm pretty fortunate I don't even have a scar.

t.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 02:27:03 am by Lawnmower Man » Logged

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2015, 09:35:05 am »

That's good news Tom, even tho I felt "too much info" at some points of the tale :-)

Good for you, and a gold star for the NHS. It really isn't so bad mostly.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2015, 11:23:41 am »

Great to hear some good news from you, Tom!

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2015, 11:49:10 am »

Nice one Tom  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: