Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 08:54:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arnage banking RIP  (Read 30122 times)
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2016, 09:12:26 am »

Shame about the trees though, ACO don't seem to like trees very much, the forest esses lack a certain something, oh I know trees!
They've also culled a large number of trees on the inside of the track as you go from Mulsanne to Indi (past the golf course). So the lingering moisture 'through the forest' there is probably history.

I love my tree too, and it certainly adds to the atmosphere both literally and virtually.

(I wonder if that's why Spa is so great).

I was watching Derek Bells' Porsche 956 DVD recently which I think dates about 1984/5 and couldn't help notice the lack of trees, so they must have grown since, but whether they will be left to grow is another matter.

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Fisherman
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2016, 08:10:13 pm »

I believe the disappearance of trees at the bottom end of the circuit is mostly down to one nutter and his box of matches, numerous forest fires down there last summer.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2016, 05:09:29 am »

[
[/quote]They've also culled a large number of trees on the inside of the track as you go from Mulsanne to Indi (past the golf course). So the lingering moisture 'through the forest' there is probably history.[/quote]
I love my tree too, and it certainly adds to the atmosphere both literally and virtually.
(I wonder if that's why Spa is so great).
I was watching Derek Bells' Porsche 956 DVD recently which I think dates about 1984/5 and couldn't help notice the lack of trees, so they must have grown since, but whether they will be left to grow is another matter.
Aricus[/quote]

Hi Aricus,
             Try this from 1955 at about 1 :30 the stretch from mulsanne to Arnage has very few tress in 1955 compared to now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqehZeZJY68
Phil
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2016, 11:56:29 am »

Is that you wobbling round on the bike in the opposite direction just after the Dunlop bridge Phil?  Huh  Tongue
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2016, 02:45:29 pm »

Hi Aricus,
             Try this from 1955 at about 1 :30 the stretch from mulsanne to Arnage has very few tress in 1955 compared to now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqehZeZJY68
Phil

I've seen the film and noted the lack of trees in 55.
Presumed they are grown for commercial use and would be harvested at intervals.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2016, 05:16:15 am »

Is that you wobbling round on the bike in the opposite direction just after the Dunlop bridge Phil?  Huh  Tongue

Hi Smokie,
                Not me. I did not learn to ride a bike until a few years later  Grin Grin
Phil
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2016, 04:59:46 pm »

Just saw this on FB

https://wec-magazin.com/new-spectator-opportunities-at-le-mans/

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2016, 06:50:10 pm »

That looks like the view I've always wanted!    Grin
Not sure if this article is correct ref losing the arnage corner banking.
If you magnify the ariel photos it looks like what is left of the banking is still there and there is also what looks like a new entrance gate which matches the new gate into the new enclosure area on the other side of the road.

We live in hope and find out on the Wednesday.
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2016, 04:23:44 pm »

I believe the disappearance of trees at the bottom end of the circuit is mostly down to one nutter and his box of matches, numerous forest fires down there last summer.

Well, if the local info is anything to go by, they were using tennis balls full of flammable liquid and fuses, firing them with catapults. The loss between Mulsanne and Arnage is bad, but the other side of Mulsanne was 230 acres. No one has as yet appeared in court although it was announced in the paper in October that they had go someone. Incidentally, they are starting to replant apparently, or so it said in this week's paper.

To finish, hope the weather gets better. It is 15C and has been absolutely hissing down since yesterday evening. Hail, thunder, lightning - you name it , we've got it. I can hardly hear myself think.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2016, 07:21:02 pm »

lynx,

What's a lot of tree gone.

I hope they hang him up by his goolies.

15 degrees?  And I guess that's daytime too.

Aricus

Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2016, 04:08:40 pm »

http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/24-hours-of-le-mans-a-new-spectator-area-at-arnage-_4057.html

Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2016, 09:58:40 pm »

Went to Arnage this morning, this will be the place to be at night !!!

http://clubarnage.blogspot.fr/2016/06/24-hours-of-le-mans-2016-saturday-grid.html

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2016, 10:45:23 pm »

Looks good, I'm going up on Wednesday to check it out.    Grin
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2016, 02:47:07 pm »

Whilst some viewing banking has been lost between Indy and Arnage the new banking at Indy more than makes up for it, and tbh I say "Well Done" to the ACO. 

The new area at Indy provides great viewing and photo possibilities, and if you are stood at the back you can swivel round and watch from the approach to Indy and to the exit of Arnage!

Well worth the trip out there, but I reckon it will be rammed most of the time.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2016, 07:39:51 am »

I was going to have a look Wednesday before the rabble arrive! Can see it being jammed the rest of the time.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: