Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 09:30:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ca Guide 2016 - Update of "Where to watch"-chapter - your help is needed  (Read 4700 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: February 16, 2016, 10:01:26 am »

Hi there,

This chapter at http://www.clubarnage.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ca_guide:wheretowatch needs a review and definitely an update decribing the new Indianapolis/Arnage situation - at least with what's known about it by now.
Deadline for this is April 30, 2016.

Best

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 08:41:57 pm »

Sorted, Jason will do the update!

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 02:54:50 pm »

Now viewed from the other side of the track, so the inside standing here at the bend before Indianapolis. You will see that there is viewing right up to here:-

Here it's obvious; I'm standing opposite the big gravel trap before Indianapolis. More new viewing:-

Half way between Indianapolis and Arnage. New banking being turfed.

Same spot but now looking towards Arnage, just out of shot on the right. You can see the new road deviation goes off here to the new roundabout.

Oldtimer 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 04:27:22 pm »

Well I, for one, am very encouraged by these pictures.  If I am interpreting them correctly we should be able to get a really good view of the fast, sweeping approach looking from the new banking back towards Mulsanne - is that right?
jimclark

(nothing more needs to be said)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 04:33:16 pm »

Nice. Thank you.  Smiley

My anticipation is growing.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 04:37:40 pm by jimclark » Logged

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 05:23:18 pm »

That looks promising!!
Is there a sight line to the slight kink before Indy? Or even up the straight from Mulsanne?
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 12:25:36 pm »

The view from Mulsanne is limited to the corner and about 500 yards up the track. With the earthworks above, there might be a view across the Indianapolis gravel trap back towards the kink

Wooosh!!!!
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 03:15:43 pm »

OK, let's start again.

Picture 1. This on the kink about 200 yds or so before Indianapolis. You can look back toward Mulsanne (but not see that far of course!) and can look left over the big gravel trap to Indianapolis.

Picture 2.  In the first picture you see the JCB and the start of the big gravel trap. I have now moved about 100 yds right towards Indy. More new spectator viewing but take binoculars. You are some way from the action.

Picture 3. Here I am half way between Indy and Arnage corner, looking back at Indy. There was always banking here but it is higher and improved.

Picture 4. You can see the sign for 50 metres from Arnage and the new road deviation on the left. Jason, you are confusing things a bit. It is the view towards and not from Mulsanne. Or one could say "The view of the road arriving from Mulsanne". I've been up on there a week or so back and yes, you can see both the cars arriving and Indy. I shall be there during practice day, so will pit up a photo or two taken with the 400mm from the inside of the track at Indy to give you a better idea of what they've done for you, but I am sure you will all find it a great improvement, both in the square meterage and the height.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 03:19:00 pm by lynxd67 » Logged
Oldtimer 2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 03:12:11 pm »

Sounds great.  Thanks for the clarification.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 12:12:51 am »

Thanks looks great. They usually start braking on that 3rd apex so will have a look.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: