Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 12:49:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British welcome  (Read 15858 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2016, 11:19:00 pm »

Remember Beaumont well, as described. Nice stuff parked up and chaps on the cafe terrace overlooking the junction. There would always be something nice or funny there, D-Types/Astons, or the Gulf-liveried Reliant Robins in latter years!

The newish motorway from Rouen is convenient, but we still take the old N138 route to/from Le Mans from about Sees, just for a bit of variety, the history of it, and for pre-motorway times sake. Still nice to do, although the villages that used to be full of people waving on the way back have virtually nobody out on the streets now.

MG Mark
There was a few nice old bits outside the cafe in Beaumont last year. We also get off the motorway at Alencon to get great value Normandy cider from LIDL then potter down the old 138 in an apply haze of nostalgia and anticipation.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2016, 01:04:26 pm »

I managed to do both last year, but I think the rain helped reduce traffic.

Who is going to which?

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
ABmotorART

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2016, 07:37:09 am »

try the 'R'Hunaudieres' in Ruaudin instead

* 1000 miglia idc 462 [1024x768] bus card 2.JPG (328.48 KB, 1024x722 - viewed 361 times.)
elanman
CA Veteran

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2016, 10:31:54 am »

There was a an interesting but not that well attended event in Teloche (South of Mulsane) last year where the garage which Porsche took over for the race for many years was open with cars, films and photographs on display.  Interesting to see pictures of the Pink Pig being painted in the garage and Porsches over the years parked in the garage and outside.  It was something I stumbled on as it didn't seem particularly well publicised and my brother and I were the only Brits there.  Not seen anything about it happening again this year.   
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2016, 05:19:57 am »

Hi Elanman,
                 A few of us went to that Porsche thing last year. I think it was a once off event. Interesting bit of history.
Phil
Bonio

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2016, 11:06:51 am »

There was something going on in Arnage on the Thursday last year, just past the level crossing on the left by the supermarket that had closed down. Cannot remember what they called it. I think Lofty got some photo's of it.

Team J.E.D.I
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2016, 08:01:35 pm »

Old motors in the school playground opposite the super meercat.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
elanman
CA Veteran

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2016, 11:32:50 am »

Hi Elanman,
                 A few of us went to that Porsche thing last year. I think it was a once off event. Interesting bit of history.
Phil

Phil,

Glad to hear others also found it. It was interesting and a far cry from the way the teams do it today. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: