Club Arnage
April 30, 2024, 04:46:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Memorabilia - What to do with it?  (Read 3640 times)
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2016, 12:57:26 pm »

Going through dads things still (he had alot!) bit by bit when I go around to the house and I am finding so many things and most in near mint condition.

He worked for a company that sponsored Jordan F1 and the XJR Jags back in the early 90's so I have alot of things any ideas where is best to see if anyone wants any of it?

Some I am keeping as its sentimental but the rest is open to go. Examples below of what I am finding.

Thats just a little of the Group C stuff . I have loads of Jordan F1 gear to Any Ideas?

Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 01:45:43 pm »

It's always hard going through someone elses stuff, I'm sorry you find yourself doing this.
I would definitely suggest a 3 pile system. I Will keep, I might keep (then be ruthless with a 2nd look) and I'm not keeping.

Have you spoken with your family, see if anyone wants any of it?
Perhaps list them here and have a PM auction to raise some money for the CA charities?

Wooosh!!!!
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 02:18:48 pm »

Nice

good seeing things like that - hope it brings back some great memories

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 06:56:12 pm »

It's always hard going through someone elses stuff, I'm sorry you find yourself doing this.
I would definitely suggest a 3 pile system. I Will keep, I might keep (then be ruthless with a 2nd look) and I'm not keeping.

Have you spoken with your family, see if anyone wants any of it?
Perhaps list them here and have a PM auction to raise some money for the CA charities?

My mum put it in a pile to see if I want it & my brother doesnt (he lives in Oz but I still ask) I generally keep what I want but the rest I put in a pile to sell / give away. I have sold somethings and put the money into a account till we decide as a family what we are doing with the funds as in to take a trip to scatter his ashes and some to charity etc.

I will have a look to see what can go into the CA Raffle as some isnt worth it IMO

Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 02:21:10 pm »

I might be interested in race programs and the Silk Cut stuff

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 06:42:36 pm »

Wow, that brings back memories, I originally picked up a few of the 'gift' products from our local Jag dealer who used to also lend me a large flag for when I was there.

Those were the days...

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 06:57:03 pm »

Agreed, those do bring back memories.  I remember subscribing to XJR magazine, and had a complete collection.  We have a friend, a younger guy who's spent time working in Indycar, and IMSA, who's a huge fan of the Group C, and IMSA Camel GT era.  I've passed on a lot of my memorabilia from that era to him, programs, tickets, magazines (XJR, GPI, Autosport), books, etc, in exchange for credentials to races.  He's a big fan of the Sauber Mercs, and I collected a bunch of their stuff back in the day.  When I hand over a box of that stuff over to him he's like a little kid at Christmas, makes me feel good to pass on the love of the history of the sport to a newer generation of fans.
Fax
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 05:48:14 am »

To be honest Kev, I'd have to hang on to all of it.

I tested negative for patience.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 06:43:31 pm »

Ive a lot more to go through so what duplicates I have I think ill sell on and keep the rest for myself

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: