Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 08:48:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spa 6 Hours  (Read 7771 times)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 10:35:10 am »

If Rebellion made it on to the podium then I'd actually stay after the race & join the throng on the track.

The only known unknown is the weather but if there is a repeat of last year's storm then can I join you in your drinks tent again please?

So would I, they would deserve the biggest cheer of the weekend.

That storm was amazing, saw it roll in, looked like black ink rolling over a sheet of glass. Very spooky!
What day was that? What drinks tent?  Embarrassed

The mystery fast lap, can't remember the time, but is was very fast compared to the rest of GTpro. Timing glitch or driver forgetting he was supposed to be sand bagging. Trying to avoid a BOP penalty? We shall see, but not I suspect till Wednesday 10 pm.
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 10:37:17 am »

If Rebellion made it on to the podium then I'd actually stay after the race & join the throng on the track.

The only known unknown is the weather but if there is a repeat of last year's storm then can I join you in your drinks tent again please?

So would I, they would deserve the biggest cheer of the weekend.

That storm was amazing, saw it roll in, looked like black ink rolling over a sheet of glass. Very spooky!
What day was that? What drinks tent?  Embarrassed

The mystery fast lap, can't remember the time, but is was very fast compared to the rest of GTpro. Timing glitch or driver forgetting he was supposed to be sand bagging. Trying to avoid a BOP penalty? We shall see, but not I suspect till Wednesday 10 pm.

Your personal drinks tent/gay-zebra.

It was Thursday night/Friday morning.  IIRC all hell let loose at 2am for a good hour.

As you say we'll find out on the 15th of June.

Crouch..........bind..........set
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2016, 01:27:21 pm »

The other question that remains to be answered is 'are Ford sand bagging?'
The cars seem to cruise around under the radar a bit, but, as one commentator pointed out, rarely have trouble overtaking when they do catch up a car. There is also the mystery of the fast lap that was recorded at one point during the Spa weekend. Timing glitch or their real pace?

Think you'll have to turn your question around ... Who isn't sandbagging ?

AF Corse doesn't seem to hold back. Looking at their performance with the new 488, they are degrading the competition. Aston Martin and Porsche got a BOP adjustment for Spa.
Aston was a bit closer than in Silverstone, but still far off the Ferrari's.  And what to think about Porsche ?  Weren't they (too) slow at Spa ? Remember Porsche 2 years ago ? Whining at Silverstone and Spa that they couldn't keep up with Ferrari & Aston. Getting a BOP and trashing the competition at LM ...

Rumours in the paddock say Ford are sandbagging in the WEC, it will be the ACO's job to prove it ...  The regulations say that a BOP adjustment can be filed during a race weekend, this could be interesting at LM next month. Everyone expects a new BOP for Aston, Ford and Porsche, but the ACO can recall that during of after practice/qualifying sessions at LM.  Interesting times ahead ...

Dalla Lana & co aren't sandbagging for sure, the pace they showed is pretty close to GTE-Pro. 

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 01:43:29 pm »

Should be a fun and very interesting week!!

Sandbagging during qualifying as well? It's been done before.

That Ford isn't a production car, yet. ( Ok I know pro cars aren't really production cars ) Been designed and extensively tested for LM with loads of money thrown at it by Ford.
It looks as though it should be quick and I bet it will be at 3pm Saturday.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:48:55 pm by Barry » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: