Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 03:51:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slower LMP1 cars, faster GTEs  (Read 1762 times)
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2016, 09:17:02 am »

Hi!

I wasn't aware until very recently the changes that have been introduced this year.

This is what I think is happening.

LMP1 have less energy - of course the ACO regularly tries to reduce speeds at LE Mans year on year.

Separately, they have allowed GTE cars to increase in performance, but for this year, that will only apply to GTE pro cars. These are higher performance than GT3 cars.

So the net effect, I believe is:

Slower P1
P2 no change, but faster next year
Faster GTE pro cars
GTE Am no change.

The track could get rather busy this year.

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 09:27:06 am »

The ACO has been trying desperately for years to reduce lap times to a level which they think is safe for the current track standards: 3:30 mins.
Each year they either reduced fuel allowance and/or added weight. And each year they failed, because of the speed of development in fuel efficiency, aero and tyres. I don't think the LMP1 will be significantly slower this year - and last years pole-setter doesn't expect it either: http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/neel-jani-q-a-my-le-mans-lap-record-isnt-set-in-stone-682131/

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: