Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 10:40:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating Sizzle - Getting the message out about The Guide  (Read 6252 times)
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2016, 11:45:39 am »

Many of us enjoy the guide, making it (yes), and reading it, though we are often disappointed by the number of donations in comparison to the number of downloads.

If possible, I would like to raise the profile to increase the number of downloads and also, but rather separately to increase the percentage of donations.

If you agree, and you might not, I'd like to promote it.  I suggest that we start by identifying suitable outlets - Twitters, Facebook groups, and forums.

I think that we can bring people attention to its existence.  There is no reason that people couldn't download last year's guide for now, and also download the new one when it's available.  We can say that they really only need to make a single donation for this.

Rather than me spend a day or two signing up for loads of forums or joining Facebook groups, I'd like your help to identify the places that people already use, and could put a post up - I'm happy to put some draft text together.

If folk are happy with that, I'd like a post now to tell them what it is, and then another when the 2016 is available.

Thought, builds?

Otherwise - what forums or user groups do you use, who should we get the word out to?

I will post this on FB as I suspect there are people there that do not use the forum very often.

Aricus
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:55:25 am by aricus654 » Logged

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 10:28:57 pm »

I'm using facebook, twitter and instagram to promote CA.
Got a few groups on FB where I post the links, CA instagram account is slowly coming to life and tweets get regular likes and retweets. 

Since Spa the views of the blog articles have doubled and tripled up (photo galleries even more). In the upcoming days, I'll start with the build up to Le Mans. News is coming in every day now, so enough stuff to write about, will mention the guide a few times too.

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 11:11:04 am »

The usual web forums - Piston Heads, Ten Tenths, Beer Mountain, etc

Steve East Anglian cobras

pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 07:28:46 pm »

If they were amenable maybe the RLM Midweek Motorsport Listener's Collective on FB & Twitter?

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 01:30:20 am »

Hi!

Does this work as copy for the posts?

Going to Le Mans in 2016?

The Club Arnage Guide to Le Mans is one of the most complete and comprehensive guides available.

It's made by 24h fans for fans.

It's published every year with up to date information on teams, cars and drivers as well as the history of the race, the regulations, and the circuit. 

2016 will be our 11th issue. 

The 2016 Club Arnage Guide isn't available to download yet, we are still creating it, but it will be from Saturday 11th June.

In the meantime, if you are planning a visit this year, download and enjoy the 2015 guide, and update it to the 2016 Guide in a few short weeks time.

See you at Le Mans!

Club Arnage

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 02:34:34 pm »

If they were amenable maybe the RLM Midweek Motorsport Listener's Collective on FB & Twitter?

Mr P,

Good idea.  Perhaps if they cover the test days, then that might be a good time.

Aricus

aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 02:36:09 pm »

The usual web forums - Piston Heads, Ten Tenths, Beer Mountain, etc

Steve,

Could you do that please?  Perhaps on Friday ready for the weekend peak in access?  Please amend or update the wording as you see best.

Aricus

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 03:44:59 pm »

Righty ho.

I'll add that we positively welcome a charitable donation etc etc.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Landy_Jon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 06:45:30 pm »

Hi!

Does this work as copy for the posts?

Going to Le Mans in 2016?

The Club Arnage Guide to Le Mans is one of the most complete and comprehensive guides available.

It's made by 24h fans for fans.

It's published every year with up to date information on teams, cars and drivers as well as the history of the race, the regulations, and the circuit. 

2016 will be our 11th issue. 

The 2016 Club Arnage Guide isn't available to download yet, we are still creating it, but it will be from Saturday 11th June.

In the meantime, if you are planning a visit this year, download and enjoy the 2015 guide, and update it to the 2016 Guide in a few short weeks time.

See you at Le Mans!

Club Arnage

I moderate on another forum which has some motorsport interest - I'm happy to put the information up on it.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 08:21:50 am »

Mr L,

Yes please, but don't forget to include the link!

Aricus

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 08:41:17 am »

I put it into a 'newbie's' thread on PH yesterday

Maybe need a separate entry too

I did put a link

And mentioned the donation thing

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Landy_Jon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 04:27:12 pm »

Mr L,

Yes please, but don't forget to include the link!

Aricus

Linky thing done.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 09:38:43 am »

Gonna post it also on a dutch forum where last time they used the direct link to Werner's mirror... Let'S fix that for this year. Smiley

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2016, 05:31:19 pm »

excuse my ignorance is there a link to donate as I am due my annual donation

aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2016, 10:02:40 am »

Now Werner and co have done all the hard work (thank you) lets get the word out.

Can I suggest that you point people at

http://www.clubarnage.com

And you might want to mention Charity Donation - the price of a pint is expected.

Dottore & M. Cheese thanks for making a great start.

Aricus

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: