Club Arnage
April 19, 2024, 03:05:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: France fuel shortages due to industrial action  (Read 37734 times)
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2016, 01:23:38 pm »

On the Tuesday night Pompey - Caen boat too, Clio - CA flag will be atop the load in the rear.

It sounds as if we might be delayed but not massively, breakfast in Falaise a little later than usual maybe and some extra kip time whilst crossing?

Heres hoping

A little tip for your breakfast. On the Falaise bypass turn right for Putanges Pont Ecrepin and stop there at a little logis by the river. Lovely spot by the river, it's called the Lion Verd. I have used that route for over 25 years now and if you go on through Ranes, Pre-en Pail, and on down you end up at St. Saturnin. Never a BiB in sight.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2016, 11:23:20 pm »

On the Tuesday night Pompey - Caen boat too, Clio - CA flag will be atop the load in the rear.

It sounds as if we might be delayed but not massively, breakfast in Falaise a little later than usual maybe and some extra kip time whilst crossing?

Heres hoping

A little tip for your breakfast. On the Falaise bypass turn right for Putanges Pont Ecrepin and stop there at a little logis by the river. Lovely spot by the river, it's called the Lion Verd. I have used that route for over 25 years now and if you go on through Ranes, Pre-en Pail, and on down you end up at St. Saturnin. Never a BiB in sight.

This sounds like a really good tip, thanks!

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
PAFC OK

Carpe Diem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2016, 04:21:19 pm »

Looks good, Le Lion Verd and the route, thanks for the pointers, we'll be giving 'em a go!

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste....
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2016, 04:42:08 pm »

Didn't see any fuel shortages last weekend. Just 1 gas station which was closed on the route through Rouen.
Radio reported today that French unions were blocking the French/Belgian border in Rekkem today. Might be worth to watch if you're coming into France from Belgium, Holland or above.

geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2016, 09:19:17 am »

I filled up at the Arnage SuperU on Wednesday, def not seen any fuel issues around the LM area.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2016, 12:40:10 pm »

Brittany Ferries mail a moment or two ago.....

Sailing Modification

We are sorry to advise that due to a general strike in France, the port workers in Caen are taking industrial action. As a result, your sailing on Tuesday 14 June will be delayed and will now depart Portsmouth at 00h30, arriving into Caen at 08h00. Latest check-in 23h45. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
JerryT

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2016, 12:43:15 pm »

And probably the bar will definitely be shut/out of beer  Cry
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2016, 01:02:38 pm »

What's that in real money Ian, an hour or two slippage, or more significant?
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2016, 02:02:10 pm »

Now that is a really good question.

Either:

1 - Brittany Ferries have excellent resource management, and they have reprofiled their timetable based on intelligence on the anticipated disruption,

Or

2 - They are undertaking some early customer expectation setting, and there could be changes and more significant impact to come,

Or

3 - They aren't that good at customer management or resource management and they have done a "best guess" on what happened last time.

Aricus

* image.png (939.36 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 414 times.)

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2016, 07:32:57 pm »

I filled up at the Arnage SuperU on Wednesday, def not seen any fuel issues around the LM area.
Fuel has reappeared, but the general strike is set for Tuesday.  Hollande etc have got grumpy, as they're still on full terrorist alert, and there's a couple of games on football on.

Just remember, its against all French rules to upset a GPU like Le Mans, so they may have Tuesday off, but they'll soon be engrossed in the footy.  Just have  backup plan in case they don't  Grin

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: