Club Arnage
April 16, 2024, 07:33:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Test weekend information  (Read 3220 times)
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2016, 10:39:48 am »

Hi Guys
I am thinking of going to the test weekend prior to LM week next year and could do with a bit of info.

Is next year's two weeks prior to the race?
Are tickets needed and if so what is the cost?
Where can you camp?
Is there more access to the pits etc.

Any other info available would be good.

Thanks
>Martini…LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 05:52:23 pm »

Hi Martini,

The test weekend will be on 4th June 2017, 2 weeks prior to the race. Tickets: I know from some one who went there that the test sunday 2016 was 20 € BUT you didn't have to pay, if you already had your GE for race week. So if you plan to visit the race 2 weeks later as well, you will have no extra cost.

No clue about campsites and pit access though.

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 07:18:53 pm »

As Werner says, if you have your GE ticket for the main race, entrance will be covered by that.

On camping, don't quote me....but I think in the last couple of years  they have used Bleu/Bleu Nord for free parking outside the circuit, the Bugatti circuit for parking inside the circuit (paid but don't know how much) and Houx for camping from the Friday to the Monday at around 10-15 Euros.

A quick email to the ACO asking the question should confirm the arrangements for next year.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 10:41:52 pm »

I used to do test weekends but usually used hotels as they were less expensive and getting around was so much easier than race week. Enjoyable weekends they were too!
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 09:12:40 am »

There is a pit lane walkabout on the Saturday, and with the cars scrutineered at the circuit you do get to see them a little more close up at times when they are pushed to and fro.  Plus you do get the odd pitstop practice from some of the smaller teams too.

If you are doing the race too then, IMHO, it solves the problem of the chaos that is the Friday pitlane walkabout that's for sure!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 04:01:24 pm »

As said before, if you've got a GE ticket, entry for the testweekend is included.

If you want to get close to the cars and into the pitlane, the testweekend is the place to be.  Pitlane is open on Saturday all day to stroll around and watch the cars going into scrutineering, pitboxes ...  Several teams will do pitstop practice, lots of drivers to spot in & around the paddock ... you'll get access that you won't get during raceweek.  Guess it will be the same on Friday (scrutineering even started on Thursday this year with 60 entries).

Don't know about campsites, didn't see any campers around the track this year on BN, Rouge or BSJ. Hotels are not too expensive during the testweekend, if you book early you might even find a few bargains.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: