Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 04:31:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beausejour Newbie  (Read 8649 times)
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2016, 02:22:39 pm »

I suspect that this has been asked previously so hopefully someone will point me to the right place.

Having been going to the same campsite for the last 20 years, we now need to pick a different one and it looks like BSJ is the only option left. We are about 15 people, big gazebo, 8 tents, 8 cars, etc. Where are the more quieter areas of BSJ. Are there any areas to miss if it is wet, etc.

We will be arriving on Tuesday lunchtime and need to get out on Sunday morning so don't want to be surrounded by tents, etc blocking the cars in.

Any suggestions on where were to go in BSJ. Any advice would be much appreciated. Really at a loss as to where to go.

Thanks,

Tony
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 03:04:36 pm »

How much are you prepared to pay.  I would have thought that passes for other sites would still be available from the agencies, but a block of 8 would be difficult.

For Beusejour, setting up next to one of the access roads should work

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 03:14:54 pm »

I have spoken to a couple of agencies but the challenge is one of space for all the kit. A lot of the sites are numbered pitches and I am not sure how much space that gives us for all the kit.

Thanks for the advice though.

Tony
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 01:16:49 pm »

TT  Beusejour i think is the only site you can buy direct from the ACO the others cost at least double 'cause of the agents fee. Marked plots of 30m sq . You will be surrounded by cars and tents unless you are against a fence/boundary. The access roads are kept very clear by the campsite dudes. Looks like your gang need 10 plots. Quiet places!!! Once the race starts!!!  If it rains and is flooded like last year there are a few high points and a secret dry place. Very near Porsche curves and the old cart track section. The shuttle bus/coach runs from outside the entrance. Plenty of shower/karzie blocks throughout site. Oh and a bar/dirty burger shed .

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Bonio

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 04:14:14 pm »

http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=12890.30

This should offer some guidance.

Team J.E.D.I
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 07:30:35 pm »

About 10 pitches seems good.  You do need to do some arithmetic.  You're allowed 5m x 7m (but may get away with more) so allow 5x2 for a car, and that leaves 5x5 for a tent, which may be generous, as that's usually room for a tent and a small gazebo. So that would give you 8 pitches plus two for the gazebo.

If you want to squeeze down, then 5x3 per tent could be enough, so its 6 pitches, plus one for the gazebo.

The trick is to park the cars on the outside and make sure that nobody turns up with a 5m x 7m tent (which we had a few years back - it was effing enormous).  Don't waste space with lots of guy ropes.

lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 03:30:49 pm »

Spot on Lorry i allow a bit more for the dance floor and air guitar stage!!

J.E.D.I.
i want to be in a gang
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 06:20:10 pm »

I remember the days when we allowed more space for the swimming pool and the fireplace  Wink

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 03:37:58 pm »

I remember the days when we allowed more space for the swimming pool and the fireplace  Wink

Those were the days we thought they would never end. Well actually we knew it could not last but it was fun for the couple of years especially as they were warm years as I recall.

Phil
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 06:40:45 pm »

I just buy a disposable barbecue, put it up on a couple of bricks and that works perfectly well for me.
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 03:12:45 pm »

Trouble is with a disposable bbq is Father Christmas can't slide down the chimney and bring you nice things. Fire places ROCK dude.

J.E.D.I.
i want to be in a gang
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 10:45:08 pm »

Trouble is with a disposable bbq is Father Christmas can't slide down the chimney and bring you nice things. Fire places ROCK dude.

Sadly, I go on foot. Can't quite squeeze a fireplace into my rucksack.
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2016, 10:48:15 pm »

TT  Beusejour i think is the only site you can buy direct from the ACO the others cost at least double 'cause of the agents fee. Marked plots of 30m sq . You will be surrounded by cars and tents unless you are against a fence/boundary. The access roads are kept very clear by the campsite dudes. Looks like your gang need 10 plots. Quiet places!!! Once the race starts!!!  If it rains and is flooded like last year there are a few high points and a secret dry place. Very near Porsche curves and the old cart track section. The shuttle bus/coach runs from outside the entrance. Plenty of shower/karzie blocks throughout site. Oh and a bar/dirty burger shed .

Based on my experience in 2014, don't under any circumstances let them make you camp on the tiny strip of grass right between the pond and the main access road into the site. I ended up leaving my tent behind because the leak/overflow from one of the toilet blocks effectively turned the pond into an open sewer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: