Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 03:33:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans 2017 Preparation  (Read 63248 times)
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 04:42:31 pm »

Yes, our plans are well underway. We have booked 21 ferries out of Portsmouth on the Tuesday, did this about 8 weeks ago and they were nearly full!

Our gites are booked, we have 4 this year, two in Pontvallan, 1 in Le Lude and 1 further South in Noyant, but you hardened campers will probably frown on that Smiley

Anyway if you see a trail of noise Maseratis blasting around the circuit, thats probably us.

The only thing we are looking for is a new place to hang out around the circuit. We have done Arnage town to death for 10 years plus and need a new place but the lack to bars open is staggering. There is one in Mulsanne but thats tucked right out the way.
My mum is between Le lude and la flèche which is where I'll be staying for a few weeks apart from race weekend so I'll keep my eye out!

Just trying to organise my parties travel from Le man home via trains as I am staying on and they are in work the next week also ferry times for me now

garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 02:14:17 am »

I'm now booked thursday morning out from Portsmouth to Caen as I can't be dealing with another 6 hour delay at the Tunnel and also because I've recently got another Frogeye, so don't yet know how relaible it is. back Monday PM Caen to Portsmouth.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 01:05:13 am »

I'm on the Wednesday night boat from Newhaven

Arrive on BN early afternoon then probably

Shopping, must remember to get the beer in  Wink

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 07:20:11 pm »

Looks like Team LeMansZone will hit the show early this year. An advance party is planning to arrive on sunday evening on BN, so watching the 2nd part of scrutineering on monday in the city centre is the plan Smiley. Which will probably be followed by a decent pub crawl in the town. Evil

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2017, 08:08:03 pm »

I should be the happy shepherd waiting for the flock (where the flock did that come from?) arriving early Monday evening if dry, if not will find a hotel for the night.

BUT, before then a whole life changing experience - I am very fortunate to be retiring, shock to you all I know, thought I was twenty years younger I know - all to do with my athleticism I know - never sat still, always on the go I know. So I fooled you all Smiley

Can't wait...

>Martini...LB
The Hunter Gatherer
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 08:17:31 pm by Martini...LB » Logged

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2017, 08:37:36 pm »

.....BUT, before then a whole life changing experience - I am very fortunate to be retiring.....
Why don't you go to LM now.  I'm tempted, nothing much else to do etc etc.  I'll be on site for 8 days - no panics, and a week to settle in.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2017, 02:59:47 am »

Looks like Team LeMansZone will hit the show early this year. An advance party is planning to arrive on sunday evening on BN, so watching the 2nd part of scrutineering on monday in the city centre is the plan Smiley. Which will probably be followed by a decent pub crawl in the town. Evil

Hi Werner,
               Are you part of this advance party? Is BN actually open on Sunday night? Might need a plan "B"of where to stay just in case.
Tom & I did scrutineering a few years ago. It is a rather slow process. More of  a procession than a parade. It is an excellent opportunity to see the drivers and cars close up. Closer to the time there is a schedule of which teams are being 'displayed". I would suggest you pick what time/s  you want to attend. Tom and I had a lovely lunch and a wander in town between the cars we wanted to see and fortunately met up with Smokie and Debbie too so yes it is an excellent social occasion.
Phil
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2017, 09:29:15 am »

Hi Werner,
               Are you part of this advance party? Is BN actually open on Sunday night?

Hi Phil,

thanks a lot for your advice. Yes, BN is open on Sunday. We did this already 3 years ago, so it will our second visit to the scrutineering. I hope to be part of the advance party - but cannot guarantee yet. My current project is coming to an end, so in June I will have most likely a new client/project - and no clue where that might be and how much free time I will have around race week. What's you plan this year?

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
NorwayNick

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2017, 05:13:33 pm »

Dam it there goes my quiet sunday evening  Grin
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2017, 08:16:35 pm »

Hi Werner,
               Actual arrival day still to be decided. Will be travelling with Tom, so details to be decided in Sebring over a beer or two  Grin
Phil
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2017, 07:41:02 pm »

Dam it there goes my quiet sunday evening  Grin
If there's a beer in it, you can ruin my Sunday evening too.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2017, 08:02:56 pm »

Camping & Eurostar sorted. Just have to wait until April to book East Coast & TGV tickets.

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2017, 10:33:05 pm »

New ideas for easy camping is disposable wooden cutlery and heavy duty paper plates. That will help the fire in the evening!

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2017, 11:25:14 am »

New ideas for easy camping is disposable wooden cutlery and heavy duty paper plates. That will help the fire in the evening!

We've been doing that for years.  Grin

And the ferry is booked (£40 dearer than last year Grrr) Out Saturday 10th for a leisurely drive down and back Tues 20th.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2017, 12:01:31 pm »

Sounds like a plan for Monday evening  Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: