Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 04:55:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reserved seating at Spa Francorchamps ?  (Read 3131 times)
SuperMacGuy

View Profile WWW
« on: January 16, 2018, 03:04:22 am »

I and my wonderful wife (comes to races with me!) are planning a Europe trip including seeing the WEC race at Spa this year (2018). I've been to Le Mans (2011) and had reserved grandstand seating. But I see no way to get a "reserved" seat in any section at Spa. Of course near Au Rouge (sorry spelling) would be great. But the ticket site only seems to sell general admission.

Does anyone know if the WEC race has any reserved seats in the grandstands?

Thanks

Le Mans newbie - First visit in 2011!
Long time Champ Car fan, ALMS fan, and FTG! (if you know what I mean).
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 09:32:13 am »

Last time we went to Spa there wasn't any reserved seating, there is an open grandstand in the run down to Eau Rouge, plus of course you can walk up around the outside, plenty of viewing available all around the circuit. There are also grandstands at the start line, and on the exit of La Source. 

Just take your time and potter aound, oh and take about 10 variations of clothing, you can see four seasons in one race, let alone day.  Mind you we've been four times, and it has not rained a drop Shocked

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 02:50:54 pm »

Having been to Spa in 2013, 2015, 2016 & 2017 I can confirm that the grandstands are open and that you don’t need a reserved seat. If you want the best seat then get there early!

As previously suggested the best solution is to get your walking shoes on and get around the track. The climb up from Eau Rouge to Raidillon is steep, but the Kemmel Straight is easier. Get up to Bruxelles and what the cars go around 180 degrees around you. Walk down Pouhon, there are chips and beers at the bottom!

Crouch..........bind..........set
SuperMacGuy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 11:37:58 pm »

Thanks for the replies. We are always ready to walk the track. I'll try to get in to the Eau Rouge grandstand for a little while. How early we can get to the track depends on when we can get a shuttle bus from town (in Liege).

Le Mans newbie - First visit in 2011!
Long time Champ Car fan, ALMS fan, and FTG! (if you know what I mean).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: