Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 04:09:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 24 hour tickets  (Read 10677 times)
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 12:18:04 pm »

Got in, ordered tickets, hit pay, booted out back to the waiting screen
Jowett

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2018, 12:51:43 pm »

After waiting to progress beyond "You have connected to a very busy sale (!)..." I managed to get through on the phone. Told to send an email to tickets and would order that way. My email "aborted after 1 second" as undeliverable , reason 550 5.1.1   Used to be able to fill in a form for next year when at the circuit. Nothing as good a  piece if paper and a pen. New system will not catch on. How can the yearly problem be discussed with the ACO?
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2018, 12:59:01 pm »

After waiting to progress beyond "You have connected to a very busy sale (!)..." I managed to get through on the phone. Told to send an email to tickets and would order that way. My email "aborted after 1 second" as undeliverable , reason 550 5.1.1   Used to be able to fill in a form for next year when at the circuit. Nothing as good a  piece if paper and a pen. New system will not catch on. How can the yearly problem be discussed with the ACO?

Tried to phone - straight to answerphone 'can't take your call'

Gets worse every year. Think I'm gonna give up and go to the IOM TT instead !!
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2018, 01:07:24 pm »

I've been kicked of this website more times than as a 16 year old trying to get into a night club

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Papa Eric
CA Veteran

Team Eric

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 01:46:23 pm »

What a mess, yet again. Only managed to book part of what we need before I was in danger of being timed out. Haven't been able to get back in since.

There has to be a better way. I don't remember their online system ever working properly/reliably.

Shame really. They seem able to sell off stuff to agencies well before their own members get a look in.

Reckon I could've driven down in person quicker!
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2018, 02:06:13 pm »

Finally got what I wanted, started trying just before 09:00, complete at 13:00!

I guess the ticketing outfit don't have the computing power to cope when the tickets go on sale, happens every year since they went with online sales, you'd think they would have worked out by now that there will be a huge spike in demand.

At least the local supermarkets have worked out they need more beer, bbq stuff and camping stuff during LM week, thank god.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Papa Eric
CA Veteran

Team Eric

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2018, 02:19:32 pm »

Thank the lord. At last after almost four and a half hours I've got what I want.

Lost count of the crashes, time outs, busy screens etc. etc. etc.
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2018, 02:24:25 pm »

Finally managed to get tix but the system deleted my member ones and charged me full price - WTF?

Anyhow, I'll cross that bridge tomorrow and demand a refund, but seven places secured in only 4.5 hrs of trying.

The ACO really do need to get their act together on this, every year the same but this year seems even worse than previously !!
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2018, 03:08:44 pm »

At last I manage to get in, had already emailed them.

Just a note on the wrong rate, I was charge the non-member rate last year and had optioned to post me my tickets. believe it or not the couldn't refund without me returning the tickets to them !!

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2018, 03:18:30 pm »

....... believe it or not the couldn't refund without me returning the tickets to them !!

Yes, it happened a few years ago too for me, I always chose the etickets now because they actually cancel ALL the tix, then re-issue them (WTF?).

I didn't know this so arrived at Epi with two motorhomes and a big trailer and couldn't get in (as we'd printed the tix when we first brought them). Turned into a bit of a Mexican standoff as the gate staff wouldn't let us in as tix had been canx'd) so we just locked up both campers in the access road, blocked the whole site in/out, got out the table, chairs and beer and sat next to them ...... Amazing how quickly someone form the ACO arrived at the campsite with a bunch of freshly printed tickets for us to get in  Grin Grin
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2018, 11:17:28 am »

I was lucky this year it took 20 mins to get the tickets. They arrived at my house this morning. So no complaints this year. It took me 7 hours last year though.

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2018, 07:38:49 pm »

Had no problem with the tourist office, Got form emailed to me on 16th, filled it in emailed it back, debit hit credit car next day plus emailed invoice confirming camping and GE's and just had UPS notification that tickets will arrive tomorrow. For the 5% fee they charge i think it is well worth it and you get the ACO discount on the tickets as a member.
elanman
CA Veteran

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2018, 12:22:18 pm »

Mine arrived on Mon via the Tourist Office, same process as gt6.  Can't fault the service .
simonburgessorg

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2018, 06:24:07 pm »

Hi,
I have been a few times over the years, but not for say 6 or 7 years. In the past it's been a dirt cheap experience taking the van and a friend and just buying camping tickets for inside the circuit which I have done for next year. Have been able to wander around and was able to see loads without buying anything more.
Not sure now looking at the official site whether there are now whole sections you can't get to without general ticket as well - is that the case?
Many thanks
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2018, 09:41:13 pm »

Correct you need a ticket to get basically anywhere now

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: