Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 01:02:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stickering Up  (Read 2311 times)
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2019, 05:54:24 pm »

As we are taking the Discovery this year I'm contemplating getting some LM Stickers from https://www.stickeredup4lemans.com/, my question is, has anyone got any experiences with applying and removing their stickers?  Is it as easy as they seem to claim!

https://www.stickeredup4lemans.com/collections/lima-mike-two-four/products/lm24-raf is high up the list at the moment.

Any views, good or bad, are highly welcome.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
PAFC OK

Carpe Diem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 10:22:30 am »

Always used their stuff and yes, its as easy as claimed. Take your time, plan it, have the tools to hand and, certainly if you're going for any larger stickers, have somebody around to help as required.

As for removal, again, take your time. Use a hair dryer or heat gun on low power to gently warm the sticker as your assistant slowly peels it off, the sharper the 'peeling angle' the better. Never suffered any damage and there's not even much, if any, residue once the sticker has gone.

Good quality products which work as you'd hope and expect.

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste....
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 10:28:16 am »

Hello Geoff,

I have used their stickers a number of years in succession now, never with any problems.
A certain amount of dexterity and perseverance is required on application to avoid "bubbles" in the finish, but this is a skill that can be easily mastered.

Removal is fairly straightforward. They peel off by hand without trouble and usually in one piece.

Handy tip would be - try to do application and removal on a warm, dry, sunny day, the vinyl is much more malleable. (Or make sure the stickers are at hot room temperature before application).
Doris's hairdryer helps if all else fails (but don't tell her!).

clk
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 02:31:06 pm by clkgtrlm1 » Logged

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 12:11:40 pm »

As others have said good quality items. Take time adding them and for removal hot day and hair dryer

geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 09:17:50 am »

Thanks guys, Guess I know what I'll be doing on the Bank Holiday Monday at the end of May then, ready for our departure for LM on the 31st May Grin

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: