Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 09:03:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SuperSebring 2020 - IMSA / WEC : 18-21 March 2020  (Read 8642 times)
LuxExpat

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2019, 09:59:32 am »

Hi all,

I've missed too many opportunities to go to Sebring over the last few years, usually because an annual conference I attend in St.Pete's is 2 weeks before or after.
Next year it's increasingly likely I will be on gardening leave, so I really don't want to miss it for 2020 - an excuse for my 50th next year, too. Smiley

What do I need to know about renting RVs, getting on site, Fish on Fire, etc., etc., please?

(Unlike many of you, I'll likely be flying via Frankfurt to Tampa, then heading to Orlando and Sebring from there.)

Who else is likely to be there?

Thanks!

Russell
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 12:32:34 pm »

I'll be there.
Already started planning as my schedule will likely be Amelia Concours > Indycar > Sebring.  Looks like a 20 day trip this time since I don't really want to miss the 25th Amelia.

Will make a write up about RV's, FoF etc ... after Le Mans.  Or if you're at LM, always happy to meet up somewhere during raceweek.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 12:36:14 pm by Kristof » Logged

LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 06:01:03 pm »

Many thanks, Kristof.

I'm camping at LM on BN next to Team Robbo and The Brethren, so I will also ask those guys who were at Sebring this year for a bit of an insight, too.
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 04:01:54 pm »

I asked my wife about Sebring, "Is it OK if...?" - "Yes!" was the response. I think she wants me out of the house as much as possible!

I've been searching through RVs that aren't ridiculous either in size or money to rent, and will probably pick one up in Tampa en-route between Orlando and Sebring.
I will be booking my flights soon to make sure I'm on the Luftwaffe plane to/from Frankfurt, probably 12th - 22nd March.
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 02:37:18 pm »

To add: it's the St Petersburg Indy GP (street circuit, downtown St.Pete) on Sun 15th March, so 3 races in 1 week. Cool
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 09:22:27 pm »

To add: it's the St Petersburg Indy GP (street circuit, downtown St.Pete) on Sun 15th March, so 3 races in 1 week. Cool
John Stevens did that this year, think he enjoyed himself. I had so much fun this year I've started planning for 2020 already

Wooosh!!!!
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 03:47:46 pm »

John Stevens did that this year, think he enjoyed himself. I had so much fun this year I've started planning for 2020 already

I'm going with "Tigger" to St.Pete's and Sebring.

I saw the tickets for Sebring went on sale this week, but I've not looked at the details yet.
Are there special tickets for RV access / camping, or is it simply "get there as soon as you can on Wednesday (or earlier)", to get on site?
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 11:32:55 pm »

I'm going with "Tigger" to St.Pete's and Sebring.

I saw the tickets for Sebring went on sale this week, but I've not looked at the details yet.
Are there special tickets for RV access / camping, or is it simply "get there as soon as you can on Wednesday (or earlier)", to get on site?
Going with Tigger?? you poor thing.
This years was my first experience of Sebring, but what the regulars were saying is  that the event was far busier than previous, I would recomend getting to the queue as soon as you can. I'll be in the line with the RV on Monday. You'll need a general RV pass and and entrance ticket

Wooosh!!!!
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 04:20:23 pm »

Cheers, Jase
I was going with Tigger, but he backed out... so I will be going on my own.
My flights with Luftwaffe are already booked, to/from Tampa, out on 11th March, leaving on 23rd.
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 01:13:34 pm »

Jase, anyone....

Where's the preferred RV parking vs. Turn 10, then, please?
Looking at the map the track have online, I'm guessing the yellow zone they've named "Hendricks Field"?

https://www.sebringraceway.com/sebring-events/12-hour-race/supersebring-2020-tickets-and-parking-information#reserved-rv-parking

10ft wide space is $460 plus super weekend general ticket at $110

Thanks,
Russell
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 04:21:00 pm »

All trackside RV spots seem to have sold out last week:
https://www.sebringraceway.com/news/355-earliest-ever-sellout-of-reserved-trackside-rv-spaces-at-sebring?fbclid=IwAR2K2tCtqIuURtuCqR8iqSXZ9Nj_wj0MPqwi-N9Kjhl2k86cKi7SH1k4Mbg

There will be CA members at T10 and the former "Camp Pidge" which is in the midway area, not far from the vendor stands, toilets & showers.
Those spots aren't marked, and basically first come first serve.

LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2020, 02:19:31 pm »

Thanks Kristof - I'd better get on the phone and make a booking sharpish, then!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: