Club Arnage
April 19, 2024, 04:16:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Places to Visit On The Way To Spa from Rotterdam - November  (Read 2337 times)
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2019, 11:08:57 am »

Long story short I was doing a track day at Zandvoort in November but they have cancelled all track days and the Track Day Organiser have been great getting us onto Spa instead.

We arrive on the ferry to Rotterdam Saturday 8th November and get the ferry back Tuesday 12th November Evening.

My previous plans where to drive from Rotterdam and stay at Zandvoort, getting the tram to Amsterdam over the weekend as the car will be locked up at the hotel so secure with tools etc in it and then on the Monday do the track day. Tuesday head to Rotterdam to have a look around before the ferry back.

Now we are at Spa this throws a few spanners in the work. Ferry cant change but hotel I have cancelled. So I am trying to find things to do Saturday / Sunday with recommendations on places to stay. Planning to stay at Spa Sunday night & Monday night then head to Rotterdam Tuesday before ferry home.

Any ideas what to do or see on the Saturday / Sunday? confused Being November wont be the nicest which isnt a issue but hopefully no snow as Im on semi slick tyres laugh I also have to keep in mind ive a car with tools in to think about parking.

Just me and the Mrs going so open to suggestions.

Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 03:17:17 pm »

Antwerp in Belgium, or Maastricht in Holland.
Antwerp is less than 1,5h away from Rotterdam and 1,5h from Spa.

Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 12:28:33 pm »

Shall have a look into it thanks Smiley

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 06:56:07 pm »

If you are looking for somewhere to go on your way from Rotterdam to Spa then the battle area where the battle of Waterloo only adds about an hour to your journey. Not normally my kind of thing but I went with someone who knew all about it and it made it an interesting visit. I've been to Christmas Markets in Aachen and Liege but you're probably a bit early for that. Cologne (cathedral and city centre) and Koblenz (esp the Deutsches Eck where the Rhine and Moselle meet) are pretty but a bit distant.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 04:42:44 pm »

That's certainly up my ally so i shall add that to the list, thank you

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: