Club Arnage
March 30, 2020, 11:13:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hypercar regs  (Read 1730 times)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2020, 12:56:30 am »

....Apologies for such scepticism so early in the week
Does this mean Toyota win again and again?

I think hypercar is a dead duck.
Peugeot will go LMDh, it's a lot cheaper, if they go down that route I think Toyota will follow or pull out completely.
I can't see Toyota doing another season as the only viable entry in a class, they have had to take a lot of negative comments on the chin already in LMP1 and won't want to be seen to be avoiding the competition.
And they know as we all do any BOP will favour Peugeot!
IMHO the whole thing is a farce so that the ACO can save face instead of adopting DPI in the first place, which they should have done.
As Nick holland has pointed out LMDh is DPI 2.0.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 01:00:11 am by Barry » Logged
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2020, 12:37:56 pm »

Daddy stroll doesn't understand most Aston buyers would prefer a link to an LMP/gte car than a branded car getting a 10th place finish in F1. At least his son wont have any fear of losing his F1 seat and the likes of Hulkenberg cant get a drive !!

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Truck
CA Veteran

Are you HGV positive?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 06:51:15 pm »

.And they know as we all do any BOP will favour Peugeot!
Surely not  Grin

Yes. its been a farce for ages and BoP adjustments aren't the cure as Aston saw last year, and Hypercar was too "adventurous".  That leaves LMDP, which is a super LMP2, which was probably the right idea to start with.  Toadying up to major manufacturers hasn't worked in the past either, - they just don't have the enthusiasm, or if they do there's no cash, So LMP1 has been pretty poor for years, but they've made it limp on, as Hypercar could.

Rant over

Help, get me out of here.  Its Lorry

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
championaudi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2020, 08:58:28 pm »

*Daddy stroll doesn't understand most Aston buyers would prefer a link to an LMP/gte car than a branded car getting a 10th place finish in F1. At least his son wont have any fear of losing his F1 seat and the likes of Hulkenberg cant get a drive !! *

" rant alert!"

Since the early 90's Ive been a sportscar fan & was excited to see Aston return to sportscar racing in 2005, a fan through good times & bad, with the odd baseball cap /polo shirt bought to show my support .
Whist I could understand / tolerate their short term presence in current F1 (IPO etc) I never felt any interest / passion for their involvement ,especially with their association with the Thailand energy drink.
Stroll's money was needed but to wrap Aston future around Formula one is a mistake ,as it was said above , its buyers are clever people & must be cringing at its projected new future
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: