Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 11:45:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It might happen  (Read 11384 times)
Maximum

Mad Max DFH

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2020, 06:50:59 pm »

Weather forecast for September available yet ??

Live life to the Max
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2020, 09:26:07 am »

Weather forecast for September available yet ??

This far out it'll be much the same as the early forecasts for June, i.e. rain, thunderstorms, sunshine, but not snow (probably).

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2020, 11:32:12 am »

see below link to the latest ACO Statement released this morning updating spectators with tickets.

https://www.lemans.org/en/news/fan-villages-for-the-24-hours-of-le-mans/54000

There is a bit of a wait until the 17th August when the ACO will release further information. It does not leave that much time to make final preparations.
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2020, 02:33:09 pm »

see below link to the latest ACO Statement released this morning updating spectators with tickets.

https://www.lemans.org/en/news/fan-villages-for-the-24-hours-of-le-mans/54000

There is a bit of a wait until the 17th August when the ACO will release further information. It does not leave that much time to make final preparations.

I think they have said they will be contacting ticket holders between the 17th and 31st August with details, other than that we know camp sites not open till the wed afternoon, and no access to the circuit before 8am on the Thursday. Those that were expecting to setup camp earlier in the week need to rearrange their travel plans, or stay somewhere else locally!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
elanman
CA Veteran

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2020, 03:33:05 pm »

I amended my Brittany Ferries crossing from overnight Mon to overnight Tue earlier today on basis of this.  2020 is certainly going to be different, still planning to be there though.
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2020, 10:23:11 pm »

Weather dress code as normal flip flops and welly boots.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2020, 10:30:11 pm »

Decided it's a no this year. Don't fancy being stuck at one part of the circuit having to wear facemasks and no going anywhere. Love seeing the race from elsewhere. This just does not appeal to me.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2020, 11:03:07 pm »

Decided it's a no this year. Don't fancy being stuck at one part of the circuit having to wear facemasks and no going anywhere. Love seeing the race from elsewhere. This just does not appeal to me.

I know what you mean - (missed 2019 due to wedding - & not even mine!) so at present still going, but all can change - Strange times  Huh

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2020, 11:04:43 pm »

see below link to the latest ACO Statement released this morning updating spectators with tickets...…..
This was to follow a government statement, which is basically no change, wait till next month.

I can't see a series of 5,000 people per village working, otherwise each football stadium etc would split by stand to get around the rules, but this is France.  The trouble is all these dirty foreigners will bring the bug to La Sarthe, which is relatively clear of it so far.

This is getting more interesting than some of the races

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2020, 11:21:53 pm »

This is the Danish travel statement.

K-Travel cancels his trip to Le Mans 2020

We just sent this message to our Le Mans 2020 guests 😢

We have received further restrictions from the Le Mans organization. These restrictions mean that almost everything that makes Le Mans a huge experience won't be possible in September. As a serious travel agency, we cannot vouch for such an amputated travel experience.

We are therefore unfortunately forced to cancel our Le Man's trip in September.

The restrictions mean the following:
Le Mans is being divided into zones and you must not leave these zones. For K-Travel guests this means you can stay at K-Camp as well as in a spectator area of approximately 300 meters. The spectator area will be on the inside of the field - from the go-cart track to the Ford Chicane. So short, you can't move outside the attentive yellow area on attached cards.

- You can't get up to the start / finish line - the pits - the main tribunes
- You can't get to other turns like Arnage, Mulsanne Corner, Dunlop Chicane etc.
- You can't go to Village
- The driving parade in Le Mans town Friday is cancelled
- Pitwalk is cancelled
- Scrutineering / technical control is not public
- Le Mans museum is expected to be closed
- The Danish drivers are not expected to visit the tent, as they are not allowed to leave the paddock
- You have to wear a mouthpiece both at K-Camp and outside the Camp

Last but not least, the organization behind Le Mans (ACO) has stated that there is still a risk that Le Mans will be held in completely closed doors, and this message can reach up to 10 days before departure.

As I said, we feel that what makes Le Mans a unique and huge experience is gone in 2020.

It pains us incredibly much that we are forced to cancel the trip in September.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2020, 05:13:35 pm »

Race ticket came this morning.happy days.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: