Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 02:34:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roll call - September at Camp Carnage on BN  (Read 10718 times)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2020, 02:15:52 pm »

I am off to Portugal for Oct/Nov and was happy to see there is a ELMS (or whatever the series is called) just along the road at Portimao while I'm there. And they've now gone and announced a grand prix there the previous weekend!! I hope they aren't behind closed doors. The ELMS race is only about €10 for the weekend!!

EDIT: The official Portimao web site just has an ad at the moment so you can't reach anything but the ELMS site says it'd behind closed doors :-( Which probably means the F1q will be too.

Went to Portimao 2 years ago for the ELMS.
Great circuit, little access around the track, but you can see 75% of the track from the grandstands, hope you have a head for heights.
It was free to get in, €10 got you paddock access.
I have read a report that the F1 will allow spectators, didn't say who or how many though.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 02:19:50 pm by Barry » Logged
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2020, 12:37:50 am »

Yes - neither are behind closed doors - the website would be selling tickets for F1 and ELMS if it was working properly - but you select stuff but nothing appears in your basket.

An ELMS weekend ticket is €10 with paddock, or €15 for VIP incl a tower of some sort.

Weekend tickets for F1 have gone but 1 day is €85 for general admission but the grandstands are upwards of €200.

I'm tempted by both really, as we're so close.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2020, 10:51:27 am »

The tower is right in the middle of the circuit, looks a great viewing point, at the apex of one of the corners IIRC.
You must be able to see a most of the track from there as its quite tall with the track all around it.
For an extra €5 I would go for that like a shot.
Check it out on Google Earth.

The circuit is not really near Portimao, it's about half way between there and Lagos, but quite a way inland.
We stayed in Lagos as it was about the same distance as Portimao.
30 to 40 minute drive.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 10:55:58 am by Barry » Logged
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2020, 07:54:26 pm »

We'll be at Armacao de Pera which si probably 30 mins. The reason the website isn't working is that they do not yet have approval to have spectators. If it were my website I'd have put a message up saying so but it just appears broken!!! I guess I just keep trying. Had a look on Maps, the tower looks the place to be!!

NB they are def selling tickets for the GP which is the previous weekend, but only expensive stand tickets are on sale at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 07:56:53 pm by smokie » Logged
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2020, 09:18:38 pm »

Well, like a number of others on this thread we have decided that the published restrictions on 'villages', movement around the circuit etc., and all that that entails mean that we are pulling the plug on attending this year. First no show for us for the best part of 25 years. A real shame too as this was going to by my son's first ever trip over with us, but we want him to have the full experience.

I understand the ACO's approach and I sincerely hope that they can pull it off as it will help mitigate the inevitable losses that will be incurred. Things not looking too promising at the time of writing this as the UK govt. considering quarantine restrictions for people travelling back from France in the not too distant future...

We have, like others, managed to defer both our tickets (by means of credit note) and our ferry crossing has been rescheduled (yet again) to June of next year.

Here's hoping that things subside in time for a proper shindig in June 2021.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
championaudi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2020, 08:17:18 pm »

we alas have come to the same conclusion regards 'villages'

whist having our Spa WEC trip postponed & then made 'behind closed doors' was hoping to wing it & go to the rescheduled Le mans.

whist plans were at a advanced to get it sorted ,& while i too understand the ACO predicament , the micro villages idea with no mingling with fellow fans & track views , made us kick the idea into touch.

I hope it is going to be enjoyable for those giving it a gamble, but for us , next year is the hope
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2020, 06:20:02 pm »

Decision has been made today, in light of the ACO announcement today. We cannot live with the restrictions. Me, Leigh and the rump gang have called it a day. The end of a 32 year unbroken attendance and that's sad but I'll live with it. For those who are going, have a wonderful time.
"Rump Gang" is that Me, Brad and Bob??? LoL.
Yes, Shame but at least the ACO made an attempt at bringing is at lease some spectators in, irrespective of wether we had confidence that the could actually organsie it! Dam Chinks have definatly screwed up 2020, stay stafe people and hopefully we will meet in 2021.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: