Club Arnage
April 16, 2024, 06:02:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aston Martin Racing leaving GTE PRO  (Read 1632 times)
championaudi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2020, 02:33:33 pm »

I never like the saying but 'No surprise!!'! He may be very good in business, just doesn't understand motor racing / fans .

[color=green]10    Club Arnage / General Discussion / Re: Hypercar regs   on: March 04, 2020, 07:58:28 pm
*Daddy stroll doesn't understand most Aston buyers would prefer a link to an LMP/gte car than a branded car getting a 10th place finish in F1. At least his son wont have any fear of losing his F1 seat and the likes of Hulkenberg cant get a drive !! *

" rant alert!"

Since the early 90's Ive been a sportscar fan & was excited to see Aston return to sportscar racing in 2005, a fan through good times & bad, with the odd baseball cap /polo shirt bought to show my support .
Whist I could understand / tolerate their short term presence in current F1 (IPO etc) I never felt any interest / passion for their involvement ,especially with their association with the Thailand energy drink.
Stroll's money was needed but to wrap Aston future around Formula one is a mistake ,as it was said above , its buyers are clever people & must be cringing at its projected new future
[/color]
Landy_Jon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 03:52:59 pm »

I wish them luck ~ they're going to need it.

Iconic racing to an also-ran in one fell swoop.
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 09:23:23 am »

Hopefully when Stroll and his buddies sell out their stake in AML to Daimler they can also dump the F1 team and return to Sportscars in one form or another.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: