Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 02:41:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Campfires.  (Read 1945 times)
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2021, 09:01:46 pm »

I was just wondering what the precise rule is on campfires at the 24 Hours these days. Open ones are not allowed as far as I know, but does anyone have a clear idea on chimineas, using barbecues as firepits, rocket stoves etc?
Truck
CA Veteran

Are you HGV positive?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 12:10:05 am »

There seems to be only one "precise rule" at Le Mans - they don't have any precise rules  Grin

I have it on good authority that the French have two types of rules - ones you have to obey precisely, and those you can ignore.  This is done to confuse the British.

We gave up with fires about 20 years ago, as its either too warm or raining.  I don't think you'll have problems with a chimnea, provided you're not nicking pallets to burn and cutting them up with a chainsaw  Wink, its not too close to tents, and securitie aren't in a bad mood. 

Help, get me out of here.  Its Lorry

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 09:55:37 am »

We had a Chimenea blazing away at Mulsanne back in 2019, and when I say blazing, we had flames a couple of feet if not more out of the top! No one from security batted an eyelid.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 06:07:09 pm »

I was just wondering what the precise rule is on campfires at the 24 Hours these days. Open ones are not allowed as far as I know, but does anyone have a clear idea on chimineas, using barbecues as firepits, rocket stoves etc?

I am sure our resident campfire expert Steve Pyro will be along soon to offer his expert advice Grin
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 11:04:16 am »

I am sure our resident campfire expert Steve Pyro will be along soon to offer his expert advice Grin

I'm afraid since the burning piano of 2008, recent conflagrations have been more modest affairs  Sad

Steve East Anglian cobras

jimclark

(nothing more needs to be said)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 05:19:51 pm »

I'm afraid since the burning piano of 2008, recent conflagrations have been more modest affairs  Sad
What? No cars or busses.....? Huh

Cheesy

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: