Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 05:39:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nürburgring 25hours  (Read 3147 times)
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2021, 05:49:48 pm »

26-29th May 2022. 50th anniversary. Always wanted to go,does anyone have the knowledge on the Nürburgring? I’m betting Kristoff could be the man on this.any info greatly appreciated. Will it snow?

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 01:10:03 pm »

25 hours?

Followed by a drive west to Le Mans?

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 02:46:25 pm »

26-29th May 2022. 50th anniversary. Always wanted to go,does anyone have the knowledge on the Nürburgring? I’m betting Kristoff could be the man on this.any info greatly appreciated. Will it snow?

Steve Pyro went to watch the 24hours +10 years ago, Kev Mk3 is a frequent visitor to the ring for TF and track days, they'll be able assist.

I understand you can have all 4 seasons in 1 lap at the ring.

From the drivers POV, racing a Dacia in the 24hours 2021.

https://youtu.be/CXJu5AgEJ0o
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 06:57:30 pm »

25 yea I’ll leave it at that.i enjoyed the video thanks.are frikadelli like beir rocks? Looks like great fun not too buisy.i need to know what beer they have on the circuit or is it like catalunya and dry.god forbid.no Germany is more civilized.

J.E.D.I.
i want to be in a gang
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 09:49:20 am »

25 yea I’ll leave it at that.i enjoyed the video thanks.are frikadelli like beir rocks? Looks like great fun not too buisy.i need to know what beer they have on the circuit or is it like catalunya and dry.god forbid.no Germany is more civilized.

There were strict limits on spectators this year at the ring. That's why it look very civilised. Normally there are some big groups playing thrash metal the whole week in the run up to the race, lots of stages set up in the campsites and permanent bonfires going......just ask Steve about bonfires  Evil 
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 04:43:42 pm »

Sounds great.nice big ramstien session.

J.E.D.I.
i want to be in a gang
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 07:18:30 pm »

There were strict limits on spectators this year at the ring. That's why it look very civilised. Normally there are some big groups playing thrash metal the whole week in the run up to the race, lots of stages set up in the campsites and permanent bonfires going......just ask Steve about bonfires  Evil 

To be honest Jules, it was all a bit of a booze fuelled blur :-0
Yes, there are normally big set ups playing very loud, very appalling 'music' (I sound like my dad!)  The main GP circuit is reasonably accessible but, depending upon where you are camping, the remainder of the humongous circuit is a challenge to get to.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2022, 10:26:41 am »

late to the party but they have what ever beer you carry in short or what ever the locals give you as its bonkers. They have local bit burger on draft at a few spots not many though as the locals line up over a week before to get in once the gates open to set up. I found it strange that the sunday of the race by mid day the place is deserted as they have packed up, cleaned up and gone.

Its a great race but ALOT of walking. Something I will do again but not for a while tbh

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: