Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 01:31:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Beer Police  (Read 1675 times)
mister psycho

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2022, 05:15:50 pm »

up until this year we’ve (Bleu Nord with TL) not had any trouble taking cans into the circuit, some years back there was (fairly) strict enforcement of no bottles, so we switched to cans ( mostly brought from home) for “at the track”, stubbies from Auchan on the campsite. Does anyone know the official policy by ACO on taking alcohol into the track ? . Anyone had their vehicles searched entering the track ? Have MB for the Classic and need to keep 11 hydrated for the weekend
Tony
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 05:25:40 pm »

Usually check your car and that’s it is my experience. This year at houx no one checked a thing going in but the Aco say no bottles in the track. I did see lots of people over the weekend being told no alcohol.

First time this year the middle of houx had no gaurd so walked in with bottles or what ever you wanted. I walked past one security post near Houx Annex and they where searching bags, chairs the lot. Group of lads did the old chair trick but they had to remove the chairs from bags and they had a full crate of beer in them and got refused.

Definitely still not a level playing field over the gates but more strict than other years.

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 09:09:48 pm »

No checks driving into Bleu Nord either first arrival or coming back from shopping trips.
Tickets did have a no glass icon, but they were very chilled about it.
Did see a sign at the first entrance after the old MB entrance that said no alcohol, they did check my bag but not very well.  Grin
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 05:36:46 pm »

Got stopped once - drinking from a can, the others in our group walked in, they were drinking from Le Mans beakers, and I got stopped - told could not take it in, so had to down in very quickly to walk in.

Kept them very happy.

Walked in - 10ft (3m for the French) and open my other can that was in my pocket. - Oh well

Did anyone else notice, all the ACO beer on site was Carlsberg 3.6% - last time was Kronenbourg 4.2% (I think) - Price was the same as last time, from memory

If you're going through hell, keep going.
mister psycho

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 10:13:27 am »

we took to presenting the bag containing bottled water and bog roll for inspection whilst having cans in our pockets and sweatshirt tied around waist to conceal them.
Did anyone frequent the bar(s) in the village to find a better choice of beer ? There were 3 lagers in the bar at the kart track, carlsberg, kronenbourg and one I’d not seen before + 1€  (which I chose) could’ve happily drank more of that .
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 10:28:00 am »

...... and one I’d not seen before + 1€  (which I chose) could’ve happily drank more of that .

Yes, a very palatable 50cl of Grimbergen Pale at 5.5%.  Happy juice.

Steve East Anglian cobras

garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 02:21:03 pm »

We didn't have any issues with taking bottles or whatever on to Blue Nord, but our pitches were absolutely covered with glass from previous events. Much of it looked to have been thrown into fires. We also had hundreds of nails (I assume from burned wooden pallets) It really was quite a problem and we spent ages spent collecting glass and nails before we could pitch some of our tents.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2022, 10:33:11 pm »

We were all stopped at the Houx entrance, so we had latecomers as they drank what they had.

This is really mean as at my age, it takes nearly an hour to walk to the stands, and an hour back, so it would be nice to be allowed some refreshment.

It was better on the television anyway

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: