Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 02:42:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittany Ferries 2023 Bookings  (Read 3763 times)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2022, 02:37:13 am »

Just booked mine. Usual route and times. Out in the Rover Thursday 8th June 8.15am Portsmouth to Caen. Back 4.30pm (or much later if it's anything like last year!) Caen to Portsmouth. Cost £400 including reserved seat, which feels a lot more expensive than last year! I just checked and it's about £60 more than last year.

Ouch!
You might want to look at joining their Club Voyage.
You won't save much, if anything the first year, due to a joining fee.
But my return Portsmouth/St Malo out (night boat), the most expensive route and Caen/Portsmouth back (afternoon) with a cabin both ways was £350.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2022, 12:01:12 am »

Mines looking at £559 return  Shocked

geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2022, 10:50:44 am »

Ouch!
You might want to look at joining their Club Voyage.
You won't save much, if anything the first year, due to a joining fee.
But my return Portsmouth/St Malo out (night boat), the most expensive route and Caen/Portsmouth back (afternoon) with a cabin both ways was £350.

I joined Club Voyage a few years ago, the £70'odd annual fee is easily recouped on our June crossing with around £90 discount on the sailing and £10 each to spend in the bar/cafe on the overnight sailings. We have booked a short break away in October and the saving was £120  Grin. So it more than pays for itself with one crossing and comes into it's own with more crossings. And with a few of our friends using our code they get some discount and we get £10 off future bookings.

Our crossing for June is only slightly more expensive next year, and that's more because I chose standard fare rather than economy so that I didn't have to pay the whole lot in one go. Like most travel businesses their prices are demand driven so you need to book early to get the better prices on the popular sailings, especially the Monday return after the race.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2022, 12:10:09 pm »

Is anyone with the Club Voyage able to price a crossing for me please as I want to see if its worth joining to book it or just book it outright as the cabins are nearly sold out.

Portsmouth - St Malo 7th June 2023
1 person 1 cabin (2people)
Car

Caen - Portsmouth 11th June 2023
1 person 1 cabin (2people) or 4 if that's all that's left.
Car

Merci Smiley

geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2022, 12:48:59 pm »

Is anyone with the Club Voyage able to price a crossing for me please as I want to see if its worth joining to book it or just book it outright as the cabins are nearly sold out.

Car

Car

Merci Smiley

Depends on what ticket type you pick, but currently it's 30% off of the sailing, no discount on the cabins, but you will get £10 each overnight crossing to spend in the bar/cafe.
TBH you need to travel.  With the Annual Membership being £75 you will save money, I don't know if they still charge the joining up fee, if so you won't save much if anything if you only make one crossing in the first year.
Note that you an give your account number to family and friends to make up to 15 bookings, you will then receive a £10 credit for each one when you renew.

Hope that helps!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2022, 02:16:10 pm »

Car

Car

Merci Smiley

Depends on what ticket type you pick, but currently it's 30% off of the sailing, no discount on the cabins, but you will get £10 each overnight crossing to spend in the bar/cafe.
TBH you need to travel.  With the Annual Membership being £75 you will save money, I don't know if they still charge the joining up fee, if so you won't save much if anything if you only make one crossing in the first year.
Note that you an give your account number to family and friends to make up to 15 bookings, you will then receive a £10 credit for each one when you renew.

Hope that helps!

Currently its £60 join and £60 fee so £120 think i might need to join and get someones code so they benefit!

Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2022, 12:57:06 pm »

Joined CV in the end and ironically the discounts where less in the end than if I used a existing members code  Roll Eyes There was no going back then sadly.

Anyway booked -
Outbound route

Portsmouth - St Malo Wed 7 Jun 2023

Inbound route
Caen - Portsmouth - Sun 11 Jun 2023

geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2022, 12:48:32 pm »

Joined CV in the end and ironically the discounts where less in the end than if I used a existing members code  Roll Eyes There was no going back then sadly.

Anyway booked -
Outbound route

Portsmouth - St Malo Wed 7 Jun 2023

Inbound route
Caen - Portsmouth - Sun 11 Jun 2023

It starts to pay off in year two, or if you travel more than once, June more than paid for the fee, and with an upcoming trip saving £120 it was def worth the £60 this year.  Grin

Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2022, 11:09:08 pm »

It's a shame they dont go to dunkirk or anything as I'd use it more going to Germany than France lol

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2022, 01:36:57 pm »

I've just booked Pompy to C'Bourg on the 7th and to be fair it was less than I was expecting. Its been 5 years since my last LM and I usually take the camper, so pleasantly surprised how much i'm saving taking the car down.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2022, 01:44:19 pm »

Just talking out loud is there much difference between Cabourg and Caen as seems similar mileage from Le Mans

Cabourg doesn't have a ferry port, it's a small coastal town just east of Caen!

If you mean Cherbourg then it's quite a lot further than Caen, about 50 or 60 miles I think, Last time I used Cherbourg I found the drive to be quite tedious tbh.

There is a very nice scenic route that passes through so lovely countryside on deserted roads and through some great villages with bars. We did it about ten years ago and ended up in a convoy of a dozen nice old cars that just tagged on behind us. If you have the time its a nice option

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2022, 08:26:26 pm »

Just talking out loud is there much difference between Cabourg and Caen as seems similar mileage from Le Mans

Cabourg doesn't have a ferry port, it's a small coastal town just east of Caen!

If you mean Cherbourg then it's quite a lot further than Caen, about 50 or 60 miles I think, Last time I used Cherbourg I found the drive to be quite tedious tbh.

There is a very nice scenic route that passes through so lovely countryside on deserted roads and through some great villages with bars. We did it about ten years ago and ended up in a convoy of a dozen nice old cars that just tagged on behind us. If you have the time its a nice option

Certainly look into it

geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2022, 05:18:38 pm »

Brittany have started the Portsmouth - Le Havre route up again, and it's keenly priced, so anyone not booked a ferry yet may want to look at them.

clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2022, 09:49:13 am »

Brittany have started the Portsmouth - Le Havre route up again, and it's keenly priced, so anyone not booked a ferry yet may want to look at them.

Thanks for the heads-up!
Just change our 3 vehicles onto Le Havre crossing from Caen, means travelling out on June 1st evening instead of June 2nd, BUT saving £170 per vehicle!

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: