Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 09:50:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 hours Portimao info needed  (Read 703 times)
Ian (Liverpool Boys)

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2022, 10:29:28 am »

It turns put I am in the Algave next weekend so am looking to get to the race.any info would be great particularly about  transport links to circuit etc.etc.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 05:19:24 pm »

The circuit is out in the sticks, no where near Portimao. Don't know if they run buses, small crowd when I went 5 years ago, so I doubt it.
Might be worth checking out taxis, if you don't have a hire car.
It is, I think, free entry, but you could pay 10€ to get paddock access.
We didn't walk round the circuit, not sure if you can without accreditation, but you can see 75% of the circuit from the free grandstand, hope you have a head for heights!!
IIRC in years after I went, you could pay a supplement (not huge) for the tower which is on the inside at turn 3 or 4. Might be worth checking out, it must be a great view from there.
John Stevens is probably the best for info, he's been going there for years, he does have photo accreditation, but is usually with family members so will know the ropes.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 10:20:38 am by Barry » Logged
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 10:18:11 am »

Hi Ian

Bugger, if only I'd seen this before the race!! I was down there, staying in Armacao de Pera, about 30 mins from the track, from 20 Sept and only got back yesterday. Where were you staying?

I went racing there two weekends in a row - world superbikes one weekend (€20) and 4h the next week - €15. I didn't get paddock tickets but they weren't massively much more. For my money I could walk the entire track apart from the start/finish straight.

There weren't many there for the bikes and even less for the cars, the spectators pretty much had a grandstand each!! Wasn't a great day weather-wise but I enjoyed it - second time I've been. I don't know if you got there, but the pic is of the Sunday towards the end of the race - see how empty the grandstands are, they are all like that!! I didn't bother with the Fri or Sat but that was all included in the price.

Sorry I missed your post Ian, it isn't easy keeping up with all the forums when I'm away... I'll be there again next year if you are around!!

Cheers

* IMG_20221016_165935.jpg (219.31 KB, 1600x720 - viewed 102 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: