Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 05:47:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Qatar  (Read 395 times)
Aysedasi

View Profile WWW
« on: March 03, 2024, 11:04:53 am »

As things seem to be pretty much dead here on the discussion front, I thought I'd post seeking views on what we saw at Qatar....  I watched about 7 hours (sadly I couldn't watch the last hour and a half) but I enjoyed it enormously.  My mouth is really beginning to water for Le Mans.....  Wink
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 06:19:12 pm »

I watched 2 hours mid-race and the last hour, good that the season has started again. Obviously they have changed a lot to the platform Bop between LMH and LMDh. First time the LMDh cars were competitive in the WEC. But they overdid it probably a little with Toyota which was the heaviest car with even reduced power. What I found surprising was the lack of performance at BMW, unlike Alpine this is not a new car.

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2024, 11:58:27 pm »

I listened to it all! Seemed really good racing. Still more work to do on BOP. Feel Toyota were shafted.
Gt3 looks really good though. Le Mans will be a good one.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2024, 09:53:41 am »

The delta between the H cars and the GT3's was quite spectacular, even in Qatar.

Going to lead to a very exciting first 3 or 4 laps at LM, especially if the H cars need to lap the GT3's at any point on the circuit other than after Tertre Rouge or coming our of Mulsanne towards Indy!

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
Aysedasi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2024, 10:30:41 am »

I listened to it all! Seemed really good racing. Still more work to do on BOP. Feel Toyota were shafted.
Gt3 looks really good though. Le Mans will be a good one.

As I've said elsewhere than here, what goes around comes around.  Toyota have had it very easy for a number of years now, the 'balance' will continue to shift.  But the ACO are going to have to have a careful eye on the Porsche performance, otherwise it'll be a walkover with the strength in depth they'll have at Le Mans.  

The delta between the H cars and the GT3's was quite spectacular, even in Qatar.

Going to lead to a very exciting first 3 or 4 laps at LM, especially if the H cars need to lap the GT3's at any point on the circuit other than after Tertre Rouge or coming our of Mulsanne towards Indy!

Yep.  They're going to be lapping them every 3-4 laps. 
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 12:34:44 pm »

A v ery intersting report about the handling of the BoP for teh Hypercars by ACO/FIA: https://www.racecar-engineering.com/articles/sportscar/analysing-the-first-race-for-wecs-new-behind-closed-doors-bop/

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 12:43:53 pm »

Watched the entire race which I really enjoyed.
Felt a bit sorry for Peugeot.
BoP needs a few tweaks but they do have a couple of races before the big one to tinker with it.
I was also a bit surprised by BMW's showing, but they had a slow start in IMSA last year and although it's not a brand new car, it's a new team, new driver line ups on different tyres, so it will be interesting to see how they go at Imola.
That Lambo looks stunning!
Very glad I have tickets for LM, should be a cracking race.
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2024, 02:03:20 pm »

Its going to get interesting alright. The BOP is going to have a big influence and some will be complaining. Ferrari have basically admitted there car is built for LM primarily.
Peugeot bringing a big upgrade at next race supposedly with a rear wing now so if they continue with their bop weight advantage etc. and the new car works watch out for that to be quick come June too.

Cant wait for it now !!

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2024, 08:08:15 pm »

So happy to see Peugeot doing better now and hope they keep improving.

JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2024, 10:25:36 am »

BoP needs a few tweaks but they do have a couple of races before the big one to tinker with it.

Will be interesting to see how the new wing affects the car in Imola next as it's not a high speed track. Either way there will be some interesting BoP adjustments coming I'd guess.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: