Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 08:28:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunday Night Circuit/Town  (Read 338 times)
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2024, 10:44:02 am »

Anyone got any advice we have never in the previous years stayed at the campsite on Sunday night after the race. But this year we are.
Is the circuit/town dead on Sunday night ?
Any advice greatly received.

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
slash

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 11:31:58 am »

In the past, everything on the circuit closed pretty much as soon as the race is over, having said that, we haven’t been up there for a couple of years but I doubt much has changed. All the bars outside the circuit carry on as normal, and generally are less busy than during race week. Mulsanne and Arnage also have bars and eateries that stay open into Sunday night. Town is a good option, but wait a few hours for the rush on the trams to die down!
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 12:54:11 pm »

We have always stayed on Sunday after the race, much easier to get away on the Monday morning, avoiding queues!

The campsites are naturally much quieter, mostly remaining Brits.

If you plan on going out on Sunday, try to get back to camp before it gets dark or ask another group to watch your camp.
Often "Security" has disappeared or at least thin on the ground on Sunday and the undesirable itinerants can start coming in to "clean up"................

That said, I think we will be heading for the bar at TR on Sunday - I believe that Engerland are playing in a game of kick-bag.............

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 06:06:11 pm »

Thanks for the advice. We might just leave the tent standing on Sunday night and have everything else packed away.

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024, 10:28:03 am »

We always stay the Sunday night, leaving Monday AM is so much less stressful.
Generally pack most things down and leave the tents and 1 marquee until Monday AM, get breakfast out of the way, pack down and out by 10:30am Monday and it's a few minutes to the A28.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2024, 10:37:39 am »

We've stayed over on the Sunday night for the last 5 or 6 years. Haven't bothered heading out from the campsite, just kept enough food back for a nice meal, a coiple of beers, clear up and pre-pack some kit, chill out. Early to bed and catch up on sleep. Leave around 9.30 Monday morning. 

All much more civilised than getting away at the end of the race.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: