Club Arnage
June 08, 2024, 01:39:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First time attendee  (Read 18812 times)
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2004, 11:02:55 pm »

Don't worry TOO much about the rain. It's normally pretty good weather (summer in Europe and all that) and it's warm when it's wet. Mind you, something to put on against the elements is always a good idea (2001 springs to mind).

It's probably worth having a few Cents (European) to pay the toilet attendants to make sure they don't follow you back to the campsite or whatever accommodation you may have.

Apart from that it's whatever your budget will stretch to for beer, croque monsieur, merguez etc.  (junk food, and it really is junk! but essential all the same) that you can stand. Forget the credit cards though - strictly cash only. Souvenirs can be had on plastic but there's a reason for that.

There may be 80,000 Brits but take the time to go to the Champagne Bar in the Village at 9:00 pm Saturday night and there will, I'm sure, be a welcome.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2004, 11:34:43 pm »

John

As long as you have a sleeping bag (or if it's as warm as last year you won't even need that) you'll always find somewhere to "crash" for a feww hours kip. We take three or four Gazebo's with us, a couple iwth isdes to protect from the elements if the weather turns, so you can always use that for shelter or to rest, you'l be made very welcome!! We're camping on Maison Blanche, as I think are at least 50% of this forum's regulars.
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2004, 10:02:09 am »

Just one other thing,John.As you will be on foot,you wont need a camping ticket.So nearer the time,arrange to meet any number of us who are staying on Maison Blanche and we can sort you out with somewhere to leave your stuff or to get some sleep

cheers
PM
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2004, 12:16:33 am »

Hey Robbo, as to the shirt, since it's a late time in the ordering cycle, hopefully, you may have an extra shirt with you at the bar (AND, Anna of course),and I can buy it there.  You may not want Euro's though.  I could send a check, it would be in dollars, if I knew how much and if it would get there in time.  Please let me know.  I gather the loo's is the toilet, john, potty, can.....

jpchenet and powermite, thanks for the offer to take me under your wing,  I cetainly don't want to impose on anyone's space and I truely appreciate just a small corner anywhere close to friendly folks.  I am so glad I got to this website, the BMW sales rep in Shreveport, Louisiana, US, told me about this site.  

I saw another newbie posting but forgot his name but saw he/she?? was directed to this thread.  Sounds like we are going to take the train from Paris, maybe we can link up.  Will contact you on your posting.

Don't know if any of you guys saw any of the 24 Hours of Daytona that finished earlier today.  What a miserable race.  I had some local friends that went down to the race and probably got drenched.  Porsche almost took the overall again this year.  Who are the favorites at LeMans this year.  Wish the Bently's were back, would love to "hear their song".  I understand there is a British Audi team that's been accepted.  I've seen Audi's run here in the US and they are really good. Don't know about privateers but the factory effort was first class.  It should be lots of fun.

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2004, 01:58:35 pm »

Do not stay with Powermite. Terrible things happen at his pitch. Such terrible things I tell you. Huh

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2004, 05:06:26 pm »

After that result in Daytona,I can drive my Pontiac to Lemans with my head held high.Pontiac Rules!!!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2004, 06:56:42 pm »

After that result in Daytona,I can drive my Pontiac to Lemans with my head held high.Pontiac Rules!!!

Thanks PM, I'll go and kiss the Tin Indian engine in my cobra then.

Steve East Anglian cobras

powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2004, 09:05:17 pm »

Do I detect an Extra Recruit to the WANCs

W.A.N.C.E.R. Steve,we havent got one of those

PM
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2004, 06:56:20 am »

Hi PM, Does that mean you have the Pontiac
re-assembled AND Running Roll Eyes ?
Poor Old Negro Thought It A Cadillac Lips Sealed
Canada Phil
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2004, 08:01:55 am »

No Phil,not quite.
The engine will be ready by the end of this week and then will be 2/3 weeks to float across the Atlantic.
Im more or less ready to spray the engine bay and then put everything back in before the engine arrives.I think it'll be the middle of March for the fire-up.
Cheers
PM
bigredbus
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2004, 11:11:55 am »

This year will be our 8th trip and it has only rained seriously twice while we have been going.
One of those was on the friday anyway and the other saw Johnny Herbert 60 secs faster than anyone else on the track in monsoon conditions.
Chances are it will be hot and sunny. Either way it will be epic.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2004, 11:38:41 am »

One of those was on the friday anyway and the other saw Johnny Herbert 60 secs faster than anyone else on the track in monsoon conditions.

1995....McLaren F1....JJ Lehto.....middle of the night...dunlop bridge.......AWESOME  Grin Grin Grin

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2004, 09:49:59 pm »

in time.  Please let me know.  I gather the loo's is the toilet, john, potty, can.....

jpchenet and powermite, thanks for the offer to take me under your wing,  I cetainly don't want to impose on anyone's space and I truely appreciate just a small corner anywhere close to friendly folks.  I am so glad I got to this website, the BMW sales rep in Shreveport, Louisiana, US, told me about this site.  

No problem at all John. You'll discover that the spirit of Le Mans is quite unique. You can spend the whole week walking around camp sites meeting new people and being invited to join them for a beer.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2004, 12:55:05 am »

Welcome to the club John.   :-)  I would agree with all the other replies.  But I think it's only fair to warn you it's adictive.  I went once in 1980 and tried giving it up a year later.  Failed and have been going ever since.  :-)  So that could be expensive traveling from TX unless you can swing School trips every year.  :-)

The General Entrance ticket will also get you in to the Mulsane and  Arnarge corners.  But getting there is a problem if you don't have a car.   You will find everyone is very friendly.  But finding  a particular person is difficult unless you have a pre arranged meeting or a cell phone.  

The weather is hot & dry more than cold or wet.

If you can bring a Jackalope along you will be more than welcome to my group for food and drink.  :-)

BTW.  What part of TX are you from?  

Don't Mess with Texas!
Tom.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2004, 03:06:41 pm »

Hey Tom, nice to hear from you.  You must know something about Texas by referring to our Jackalopes.  They are a little hard to catch alive, usually only see them dead and stuffed on somebodys wall.  But I will see what I can do.  I'm from Tyler, half way between Dallas and Shreveport, Louisiana.  
I gather that most of the folks on this site are guys, very few ladies it seems, and most are from England?  Any other Texans out there?  Or any other state?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: