Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 09:44:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting to Mulsanne  (Read 9782 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2004, 01:50:31 am »

I seem to get 'carried away with it all' after the parade every year and cut the banners and flags off the barriers - collection includes Cadillac, Corvette Racing, Total oil and a long string of Corvette flag bunting.

Aren't "Les Rossers" out in force and keeping an eye out for this sort of thing??  Wink  I have to ask as so far I haven't made it into town for the drivers parade.   Embarrassed Something to do with no-one capable of driving.

Gilles......what's the bus service like in to and out of town on Friday night?
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2004, 10:05:23 am »

Aren't "Les Rossers" out in force and keeping an eye out for this sort of thing??  Wink  

One needs to be "discrete"  Wink

Steve East Anglian cobras

gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2004, 10:32:13 am »

As you may know, flags are my thing, not that this penchant hasn't led to trouble in the past.

Are we thinking Alencon, Goats, and Mayors by any chance Andy?Huh  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2004, 10:36:24 am »

As it sounds like it's not the easiest of places to walk to, and none of our lot are likely to be sober enough to drive, is there a local person that Gilles might know with a minibus that might be available as a taxi service to/from Maison Blanche?? (oops, and Houx Annexe/Beausejour.....sorry Steve/Gibberish!!)
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2004, 10:39:03 am »

Don't worry mate.  We'll be going for a recce on Friday evening.

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2004, 10:41:27 am »

As it sounds like it's not the easiest of places to walk to, and none of our lot are likely to be sober enough to drive, is there a local person that Gilles might know with a minibus that might be available as a taxi service to/from Maison Blanche?? (oops, and Houx Annexe/Beausejour.....sorry Steve/Gibberish!!)

We normally behave ourselves on the drinking front on early Friday evening as we drive the cars up to town for the parade and then later "entertain" the crowd with burnouts and throttle blipping and other childish stuff.

If the support Cadillac comes along again this year, we usually shoehorn 6 or 8 others into that.  Another possible support vehicle for 2004 may be a 60's Lincoln Continental or a US Dodge pickup so we may have a bit of capacity.

Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2004, 11:36:58 am »

BTW for friday evening as a MB return shuttle you may have some lads coming to the Flambadou and still able to pick you up to MB

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2004, 11:49:06 am »

OK, I managed to totally confuse everyone by going back to the original question of the thread without explaining myself!!   Undecided

I was meaning a minibus service to the Mulsanne Straight from Maison Blanche on race night!

Sorry for the confusion!  That said, a trip into the drivers parade on Friday would be good too!!   Cheesy
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2004, 11:57:52 am »

I was meaning a minibus service to the Mulsanne Straight from Maison Blanche on race night!

This would be usefull as I may well be slightly beveraged on Saturday night at the shampoo bar.

Our convoy generally drives down to Mulsanne Corner on Weds or Thurs night for qualifiying.

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2004, 03:57:25 pm »

We normally behave ourselves on the drinking front on early Friday evening as we drive the cars up to town for the parade and then later "entertain" the crowd with burnouts and throttle blipping and other childish stuff.

Steve - We all love the childish bits. Vroom Vroom

Take life by the horns and live it.
dryhen
CA Veteran

Bedford CF Challenger

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2004, 06:19:44 pm »

Don't think there is one, jpc, as the actual straight is strictly out of bounds. You can watch the first bit at Tetre Rouge (the famous Stella Bar), the middle bit from the garden of the restaurant at Hunaudieres, or the end at Mulsanne corner. Due to the traffic on the Sat night, it's best to either walk or cycle to Mulsanne Corner via Arnage (which has been discussed somewhere on this forum before).

The older I get, the faster I was.
swanny
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2004, 10:14:58 am »

hi guys,

first post on here, and already i can see that i'm amongst friends.  It was good to hear about other folks "acquiring" souveniers of their trip to lemans like i seem to have a drunken habit of doing.  Various steins, plates etc adorn cupboards in the house, and also a 12 foot banner that i removed from a dual carriage way bridge on the way back from a cycling trip somewhere around le mans.  still not quite sure what to do with it.  the most useful thing was a huge wheeled trolley from, the oiutbound ferry journey.  we bought "several" crates of beer and asked for a trolley to help get them down to the van on the trolley deck.  then just forgot to take it back.  came in very handy as a stand for ther cooking gear, and for the kids to transport the water butt to and from the tap.  then on the return leg we gave it back.

perfect...glad to join the group

swanny
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2004, 12:26:29 am »

I grabbed this rather nice Coca Cola banner last year from a roadside at Sebring. To the right behind the windbreak & tyres is gab's "smallest room". He never offered us use of it...

[attachment deleted by admin]
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2004, 12:56:29 am »

OK, thats it, I am definately going to have to pilfer some Sunoco bunting at Sebring !

Smokie, did you get your PM I sent to you  ?

Regards
Chris
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2004, 11:39:12 am »

To the right behind the windbreak & tyres is gab's "smallest room"

I've got one of those..........Bloody godsend Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: