Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 05:59:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So why haven't you gone???  (Read 4495 times)
Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2004, 12:12:12 pm »

Some of us can't go...  Cry

So if there's anyone out there who can post us fat wheezy boys who've been left behind some action pictures... we might be able to print them off and stick them to our garden fences to throw our empty beer cans at...

I, for one, have already spent too much time off work this year to be able to make it, and having paid for a wedding in the last six months, the purse strings are a little unforgiving. Now that's possibly the worst excuse to not attend ever, so how about using this thread to tell all your sob stories as to why you're not there having the time of your life!

(Please don't let me be the only one!!!)  Sad

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Gland in the hand worth two in a Bush Tour 2007
ridefast
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 12:47:25 pm »

(Please don't let me be the only one!!!)  Sad

You are not the only one...

And it's not because I care that much for you or for anyone in that matter (sorry to hurt your feelings Smiley ), but just because I have to go to work on Saturday. I won't even see group C race in the morning!!!

Better luck next year I hope.
Marky Stylus
CA Veteran

Houx R U!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 01:10:50 pm »

Embarrassed

I'm left behind as I have two nippers under two at home and my wife drew the line at Classic Le Mans only.

I am gutted, this is the first time in 12 years and wanted to see the Group C's too.

Gutted,

Marky Mark.
Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 01:43:26 pm »

You are not the only one...

And it's not because I care that much for you or for anyone in that matter (sorry to hurt your feelings Smiley ), but just because I have to go to work on Saturday.

Touching sentiment there... thanks...

Well by the time next year comes around, I'll have a nipper, so any advice you may have Mark on how to get away with leaving the wife with the screaming baby for a few days would be greatly appreciated!!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 01:44:11 pm by Russ » Logged

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Marky Stylus
CA Veteran

Houx R U!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 02:50:46 pm »

Well by the time next year comes around, I'll have a nipper, so any advice you may have Mark on how to get away with leaving the wife with the screaming baby for a few days would be greatly appreciated!!

Not easy matey, I was allowed one trip and chose the Classic in July. Now I wish I was there!!

Last year we went for a holiday and buzzed to LM Saturday night, got there midnight and stayed to Monday am. I had 2 hours sleep and gave Le Mans my best shot......

Basically, arrange a family holiday in France with another family, you and the other dad can wizz over to Le mans for the weekend.... It's not easy though...

Have a good weeekend,
Marky Mark
grumpy
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 03:32:57 pm »

I'm not going either.  

Mostly financial reasons. I'm still paying for last year's trip when I couldn't afford it either.  Put the whole lot on a credit card, and I'm still paying it off!  

That and my usual drinking partner is in Portugal for Euro 2004.
Dijon Mustard
CA Veteran

Now that's the mustard!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 03:35:59 pm »

I wasn't able to make it either.  My wife and I had our first crumb snatcher late last year and I didn't even bother to suggest booking a flight across the pond to attend a race while she would be left with the new one.  There's next year though and he'll be 1 1/2.  Never too early to introduce em to the world of motorsports.
ridefast
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 05:01:41 pm »

I hope we can all meet in Le Mans next year (and yes, that includes you too Russ) Grin. Meanwhile I am going to enjoy it as much as I can on TV.
Have a great weekend. Smiley
Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 05:17:44 pm »

Cheers Ridefast,

I'll probably get to see more of the racing on ITV than I would if I was there anyway, and I might even follow the race better!!

Glad I'm not the only muppet stuck in Blighty anyway!

Let the ticket race for 2005 begin...

R.  Grin

Fred Dibnah Memorial
grumpy
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2004, 08:38:39 pm »

Feeling much better about it now.  

Went shopping and came back with lots of small bottles of French beer and a load of charcoal for the Barbie.  Sofa booked for 2 pm Saturday and Sunday.

Now to start saving for next year.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: