Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 07:44:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA Sponsorship  (Read 14440 times)
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2004, 11:18:41 pm »

Se you i told you i was Sponsoring someone.

What do you think ?

Impressive! Looks like "Combat 18 On Tour" I can just imagine a battalion of camo-clad, tatooed skinheads waiting inside to pile out and trash the nearest pakki shop.

Seriously, it looks to be a really good way of getting a lot of gear to the circuit - I bow to you organisational and logistic skills. Won't you need a pair of those daft door mirror extensions - so you can see the armada of Caterhams trying to keep up with this big rig?

Saw a great sticker on the door mirror of a Mustang Cobra this morning...."Objects in mirror are losing"

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2004, 06:11:21 pm »

Impressive! Looks like "Combat 18 On Tour" I can just imagine a battalion of camo-clad, tatooed skinheads waiting inside to pile out and trash the nearest pakki shop.

I didnt know we had met yet.

If you ever find one of those sticker " losing etc " , they would go well on my motorbike

Take life by the horns and live it.
Fax
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2004, 08:38:23 pm »

Matt,
That sticker reminds me of the scene in the Gumabll Rally when Franco pulls the windshield mirror off that Ferrari Daytona and says "What'sa behind you is'a not important!"
John
president
CA Veteran

I'm a T.W.A.T. and proud of it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2004, 08:07:11 pm »

are you guys still up for trying to sponsor a car? if so, I might be able to get the url on a Porsche 911 if interested

not long now...I'm p!ss!ng myself with excitement
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2004, 11:54:18 pm »

...at no cost?
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2004, 02:10:17 pm »

Gilles,
While I applaud your well meaning thoughts regarding Henri and his equipe, I'm afraid I have to agree with Matt on this one.  Handing over your hard earned income so that someone else can go racing just isn't very sensible.  As much as I love racing I will also be the first to admit that the cold, hard reality of the sport is that it is full of some of the biggest slime-balls walking this planet, just waiting to empty the wallets of well meaning individuals.  Leave the donations to w**k*rs like David Letterman (a late night TV host here in the US) who have more money than common sense.  Letterman spends millions every year on Rahal Racing for the privilage of being able to stand around in the pits and say "I'm with the team".
John

Well if everyone had the attitude that there is no point sponsoring a racing team, then there would be no racing for us to watch!

However it is probably fair to say that there are some teams that are more deserving of sponsorship than others.

The real question if the posters on this forum waant to sponsor a team is how one determines which team, and what one gets in return.

My suspicion is that by sponsoring someone low down the grid one will get more goodies for less bucks.
Fax
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2004, 02:20:23 pm »

Leave the sponsorship to corporations who are using it as a tool to pimp their goods and get their name across the TV screens. Sorry, I don't have much interest in forking over my hard earned green-backs for a sticker and standing by the fence and shouting "I sponsored that car!" everytime it crawls by.
John
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2004, 06:32:17 pm »

I think we'd still have plenty of racing to watch chrisgrrrnn3111. There's the hard nosed sponsorship which I'd say probably makes up 99% of the sponsors. These have been bought and placed there by marketing gurus, and it's an advert with a return, pure and simple.
The other 1% are from, I suppose, enthusiasts, who get nothing more than a warm feeling every time they see the car. Mind you, sudden loss of bowel control would produce similar returns (but ultimately win you less new friends).
I'm not sure why marketing executives are called 'gurus', but it's a pairing of words that springs automatically to mind. Personally, I steer well clear of the buggers, but do they really go around in sandals, burning incense and weaving daisies into each others hair? - I haven't seen any on the tube, or the 7:45 Basingstoke to Waterloo for that matter.
On a slightly different note (excepting the warm feeling in my pants) I've just got back from a spell in Glasgow and am in a terrible state. It's a city that lived up to my expectations. City of Culture I'll be blowed, I've never seen pools of vomit and half eaten kebabs at such a high density before.  I'm now terrified that I'll be asked to visit Liverpool...
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2004, 07:31:39 pm »

I haven't seen any on the tube, or the 7:45 Basingstoke to Waterloo for that matter.

How did you know there is a 7:45 Basingstoke to Waterloo??  You're not down this way are you H??

On a slightly different note (excepting the warm feeling in my pants) I've just got back from a spell in Glasgow and am in a terrible state. It's a city that lived up to my expectations. City of Culture I'll be blowed, I've never seen pools of vomit and half eaten kebabs at such a high density before.  I'm now terrified that I'll be asked to visit Liverpool...
H

Something must be wrong. How could there have been so much Vomit and so many half eaten Kebabs in Glasgow.............Mr Zarse was in Antigua!!  Grin
Paulathedrooler
CA Veteran

R.I.P to the Llamma, hello to the Mauri.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2004, 09:44:37 pm »

Got it in one JP, but H is right Andy Z, was in Liverpool just before he went off to see the bat and ball game. Liverpool will be contaminated.
Back to the cricket some West Indian scored a record amount of runs in that game. Andy can tell his Grand Children all about being there for that.He He He. Grin
Paula.xx
rastarse
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2004, 09:59:08 pm »

Paula, that West Indian is the great Brian Laura the greatest cricketer that we have had apart from the great Sir Gary Sobers. I was at the match lots of crazy English fans in strange hats and all very drunk but not very noisey. Did not meet with the famous Andy Zarse though shame as it would of been fun talking the record of Brian's through with him a few times.
Rastarse Wink
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2004, 12:57:27 am »

Have a look in the sell / swap bit if you want to get somehting else from helping British racing cars.

Its under MG TF for sale.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Fax
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2004, 01:23:30 am »

Chris,
Perhaps I was bit harsh with my last reply regarding your comments on sponsorship.  I'm not the least bit against throwing a few bucks and some elbow grease the way of a buddy trying to keep a TVR or GSXR competing in the club ranks.  However a team entering the 24 Heures du Mans shouldn't be looking for a bunch of guys on chat forum kicking in a few quid to get their equipe to Le Sarthe.  If they are, they shouldn't be there in the first place.
John
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2004, 01:43:17 pm »

The one advantage of chucking a few quid at at a team is at least one has a reason to support a team!

Anyway just realised that I have my own project that could do with sponsorship, and it does involve racing!

So anyone willing to chuck a few quid my way so I can build a hovercraft for racing please feel free!  Just in case you think this is all pie in the sky my Brothers in law race them, although I have yet to drive one!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: