Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 06:36:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the top speed?  (Read 26462 times)
BigSteve
CA Veteran

I AM A NUMBER!!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2004, 09:35:27 pm »

To change the subject slightly - wonder what the fastest somebody's been nicked at? Cry

I never touched it!!!!
president
CA Veteran

I'm a T.W.A.T. and proud of it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2004, 12:18:08 am »

that's just the point at over 170mph you don't get nicked, because the camera don't work and the french plods can't catch you!!!

I know of a few last year on the way home getting fined 500 euros at the tolls for 200+kph

so far, it looks like the T.W.A.T.S. have the fastest recorded speed on four wheels and the longest burnouts...no wonder "we are T.W.A.T.S and proud of it"

not long now...I'm p!ss!ng myself with excitement
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2004, 06:46:24 pm »

How about another slant on it....average speed from ferry to LM.

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2004, 08:31:12 pm »

3h 40m from Calais to track, this year to pre-qual. 4 hours on way back. Slow, I know...
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2004, 01:40:28 am »

I've just donned my fire-proof shreddies, because I know I'm going to get seriously flamed for this, but are we all going to sit here and politely accept that you can get (even with de-restriction and boost chips) 178mph out of an M3 and 190 out of Nissan 300ZX? In dreamworld maybe, but I think we're baing taken for a bunch of twates.  

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2004, 10:15:42 am »

[quoteThe fastest I can get the old girl up to is 130 and a bit]

H - well done old chap - I can imagine the tension in the cabin when the old girl has picked her skirts up and is running at that speed.   The best I have managed with the MGA was an indicated 125 at full bore down the Mulsanne, although after a while at full throttle the old girl is still pulling, but hits fuel starvation just short of valve bounce - fairly neat rev limiter really.   In real terms, once speedo error is allowed it equates to about 115 - not bad for a mighty 1622cc.   Like you, concentration is pretty high at that point, with the mechnical thrashing noises accompanied (as the A is a coupe) by what seems to sound like being inside a kettle drum in mid-crescendo..... Grin

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
BigSteve
CA Veteran

I AM A NUMBER!!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2004, 10:57:29 am »

Now I'm not a man to disbelieve somebody just off the cuff, but, I would be interested in how the T.W.A.T.S 300ZX is tunned, for a car that weight we're looking at 500+ horses for 190mph (well tunned Skyline GTR V spec spring to mind!), not imposible just expensive! also the M3, Brabus+Schnitzer top 168 so again not impossible but interesting.

One thing not to forget is that if you stick a set of 20 inchers on a car the speedo needs to be re-calabrated! Undecided

I never touched it!!!!
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2004, 12:15:24 pm »

Yes indeedy, I had a little chortle at that one before paying a visit to the little boys room and wrestling out my 12" trouser tadger.....
It's true!! I measured it with a ruler made in Japan!

H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2004, 01:02:21 pm »

Yes indeedy, I had a little chortle at that one before paying a visit to the little boys room and wrestling out my 12" trouser tadger.....
It's true!! I measured it with a ruler made in Japan!

H

Are you sure it wasn't a ruler that came free with teh Daily Mirror??  Grin
rcutler
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2004, 01:31:31 pm »

Last year I was able to get the motorhome pictured left upto 120mph on the dual carriageway into Caen.

I had the assistance of a road that was slightly downhill a tail wind and no traffic with a dead straight road. This was GPS verified speed as the speedo on the dash only goes to 110Mph.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2004, 01:57:48 pm »

I have avoided this topic so far as it is slightly irrelevant to me. But just for the record, the Commer once pulled an inicated 77mph, down hill just morth of LM. Tweaking the testicles of terror and laughing in the face of death, I floored it and held it flat on a  mild downhill lefthander. A mate in a car behind said his speedo was showning 70 mph (just) and I was pretty bloody impressed, less so my terrified passengers, who screamed at me to slow down as we weaved across all three lanes and I manfully wrestled with the steering wheel.

However, going up the hill on the other side of the valley, we were very quickly back down to about 20, so not really any point in the exercise. Although my senses had been slightly dulled by the activities of the preceding days, I'm convinced there's more speed to come. And if I can wring 70 out of the C, I'm prepared to believe the "fishermans' tales" above. BTW, I hear Big H like to suck a fishermans' friend at Cherbourg docks before the sail home. Apparently it helps settle his tummy.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 02:02:32 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2004, 03:59:14 pm »

BTW, I hear Big H like to suck a fishermans' friend at Cherbourg docks before the sail home.

Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

Zarse, why do you have to leave us with such images?

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2004, 04:56:48 pm »

Hi Andy Zarse,
                      Wonderful descriptive passage. best laugh of the day. I hope commer behaved better after a good thrashing like that. Looking forward to meeting the beast.
Canada Phil
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2004, 05:03:50 pm »

so far, it looks like the T.W.A.T.S. have the fastest recorded speed on four wheels and the longest burnouts...no wonder "we are T.W.A.T.S and proud of it"

Must say I was wondering about these numbers (especially the apparently warp drive powered Nissan).  Have the TWATS modified said motors?Huh  My experience running against M3s and heavy Jap iron tells me they don't play up there as stock.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2004, 05:16:21 pm »

178 mph, just before 1st chicane on the Mulsanne.

Viper GT-R , last saturday night.

Just to get into the mood on my PS2!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: