Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 01:55:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Boys with the Goodyear Blimp  (Read 9099 times)
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2003, 11:30:15 am »

Hey,

Just mosying round the web and came across this rather impressive Le Mans forum. We are a group of Scottish forensic students who are heading down to Le Mans for the 2nd/1st time. We were on Houx Annexe  last year and had a cool time, however this year we only managed to get onto Karting Nord can anyone let us know what the atmosphere is like. Put this way we are rather fond of chaos. Due to the fact that we are students we will probably have the shitest car on site. Do not be fooled by the blue corsa however it really is a Ferrari in disguise Wink. Feel free to come over and share a beer with us.

Cheers

J.

Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 12:49:31 pm »

Nothing wrong with Karting Nord, its a great site, mind you not sure what happens if it pisses down with rain.  It is relatively near the centre of things.  I am in Expo this year, and would prefer Karting Nord.

To be honest though I think all sites have a good atmosphere, as the people going are determined to have a good time!
Chancer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 03:20:12 pm »

Me another jockanese. Also stayed in Houx last year and going there again this year.

Looking forward to the 1900 mile round trip in the plastic bathtub again. Hopefully we wont get soaked to the skin at four in morning before we even get to Perth, like last year.

I'll keep an eye out for a blue corsa doing 150 on the A1  Grin

cheers,

K

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2003, 05:21:54 am »

Hi,
Karting Nord has great atmosphere (as have all the other places...). The big bonus there is that you can watch the race right from the campsite. Just watch out where to pitch up your tent when the weather-forecast predicts rain. In 2001, when it rained a lot (!!!), the slightly lower parts of Karting Nord were flooded and the water was 10-15 cm high in those areas (Not nice if you're in a tent)

Cheers and have fun

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2003, 10:34:56 pm »

Karting Nord is far drier when it rains than Houx Annexe - anyone remember the '95 race with a Porsche 911 in Houx Annexe, near the bar, with water lapping over the doors through the open windows after the thunderstorms on the Friday night?

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2003, 12:36:34 am »

I remember being on HA that year. We'd just set up tent and unpacked everything when the weather came in so we sat in the cars and watched. What we hadn't realised was that the ditch behind our tent was overflowing right across our groundsheet, and everything we'd taken with us was soaked and muddy...
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2003, 10:17:58 am »

We had happily been sitting in a restaurant in Mulsanne that evening, watching the thunder/lightning over to the north of the circuit.   It hadn't rained in Mulsanne, but as we drove back to HA it became pretty apparent that it had been there - first sight was about 4 or 5 fire engines on the road around HA; first thought was that someone had been doing daft things with fire - that was until we saw the Porsche 911 in the middle of the swimming pool that had appeared near the bar........

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2003, 03:31:38 pm »

Cheers guys,  all of us going got our results and we all got first class honours so I tell you this there will be one hell of a party at our pitch.  I'm really looking forward to it, plus once I get back I have to start thinking about working so I'm determined to go out of student life in one horrendous drunken stupor.

A corsa doing 150 don't be daft!

Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2003, 06:12:22 pm »

We ended up at KN in 98 and it was regarded as "a long haul from the action".  We are in Beausejour, now THAT is a hike, unless you go to the superb viewing for the Porsche curves!

It was a good site, reckon it was equal to the times we had on Houx Annexe

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: