Club Arnage
April 30, 2024, 03:29:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: So where would we like to be staying if ACO etc had got it right?
Houx - 2 (6.1%)
Houx annexe - 8 (24.2%)
Maison Blanche - 17 (51.5%)
Beausejour - 0 (0%)
Karting Nord - 2 (6.1%)
Bleu Sud - 2 (6.1%)
Tetre Rouge - 2 (6.1%)
Chapelle/Interior Musee - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which campsite would you like to be on ??  (Read 5071 times)
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2004, 07:43:22 pm »

So if you had booked in time and ACO had given you what you wanted which campsite would you be on?

If you got what you wanted vote anyway.

Will Maison blanche be top, Beausejour bottom  ??

vote now!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 08:39:12 pm »

I asked for 10 tickets for the Annexe from the ACO..........and got 10 tickets for the Annexe from the ACO

I like this site, reasonably central, good atmosphere, half decent facilities, good neighbours.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 10:19:01 pm »

I asked for 10 tickets for the Annexe from the ACO..........and got 10 tickets for the Annexe from the ACO

I like this site, reasonably central, good atmosphere, half decent facilities, good neighbours.

Have to agree with you Steve, we have been on the Annexe for the past 9 years and have only moved off to try Maison Blanche for something different..

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 01:30:50 am »

Since we intend to be some of the "good" neighbours, we are glad to be on Houx Annexe. Nick and I walked past the Annexe to get to Tertre Rouge (our first sight of the actual track last year) and I said then how neighbourly it looked. Last year a pair of ACO stewards allowed us in to the top left end to see if we could grab a few inches for the Midget and our tent, but it was all pretty well sewn up (Saturday afternoon three o'clock, so what did we expect? We didn't know but they were quite helpful)
We ended up parking and tenting on Antares, wasn't too bad, damned noisy when the cars hit Hunaudieres at full welly!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 10:37:06 am »

So if you had booked in time and ACO had given you what you wanted which campsite would you be on

We're on KN as usual, but looking at the Sell or Swap section and the "site that shall not be named", it seems you can just about take your pick this year, whether you had booked in time or not.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 01:23:34 pm »

Was it just me or was Expo missing of the list?
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 01:33:01 pm »

Have to agree with you Steve, we have been on the Annexe for the past 9 years and have only moved off to try Maison Blanche for something different..

We also have been on Houx Annexe in the past and are trying MB this year. Hope it lives up to its reputation.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2004, 09:37:23 pm »

Expo & technoparc had to be missed due to poll limitations, If you would actually like to be on either, please say so.

From my understanding, expo is best for campervans or bikers as its all hard ground,and also close to the porte du circuit pub, no idea about techno but its closer to the circuit than BSJ.

stu

Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2004, 10:45:03 pm »

With special rockpins putting a tent up in parts of Expo is possible.

The advantage of Expo is when it rains there are some buildings to shelter in, and of course one gets the opportunity to laugh at the Morgan owners cleaning their cars all day everyday!

However it is hard to sleep on and full of Danes and Germans pissing everywhere.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2004, 09:09:21 am »

The advantage of Expo is when it rains there are some buildings to shelter in, and of course one gets the opportunity to laugh at the Morgan owners cleaning their cars all day everyday!

However it is hard to sleep on and full of Danes and Germans pissing everywhere.

Fully agree to that. Another advantage is that it's so close to the main-entrance, the dunlop chicane, the grandstands. However, I've never been on a campground (and I tried them almost all in the last 20 years) where it was easy to sleep and which was not full of people pissing everywhere....

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2004, 10:25:45 am »

With special rockpins putting a tent up in parts of Expo is possible.

We had tickets for expo this year but have been put off by the storys of hard the ground & Morgans so got some for Houx annexe instead, our home for the last few years.

This year we plan to visit all the sites so a better informed judgement can be made when deciding next year.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Southsea
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2004, 12:01:54 pm »

We have been going to Le Sarthe now for 18 years, and have always stayed at Houx Annexe.

During that time, we have moved our “regular” spot on a number of occasions.

At the beginning we used to pitch alongside the coach park – then that became a road.

So we moved to the corner of the same field – then that became a pond.

Then we moved to the new field, at the bottom by the Antares Car Park – then that flooded,

And now we are right at the far end beyond the shower block. Never thought we would be able to say that 18 years ago.

But wherever we have been, the company has been great. Wouldn’t camp any where else.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2004, 11:58:21 am »

Well, pretty much as expected Maison Blanche rules, with the annexe second.
If aco got hold of this they might rename Bleu & Karting Nord as Maison Blanche ouest & est!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: