Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 07:09:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Virus warning...  (Read 5472 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: April 21, 2003, 08:17:10 pm »

I got a whole bunch of emails an hour or so back which had the w32.Bugbear virus. I think DelBoy might be at the bottom of it, but BugBear spoofs the From address so a lot of them looked like they were sent by me. The mail was concerning Camping Bleu tickets. If you think you have got some and your virus checker hasn't caught them, check http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.bugbear@mm.html for how to get rid.

I've emailed DelBoy to tell him...
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 11:28:23 pm »

Smokie's right - I did seem to pass on the virus, but I certainly was not the originator.  I believe I got it from some unsolicited mail regarding Outlook Express V5 - this had an attachment which seemingly did nothing when I tried to open it.

If it caught anybody out, my apologies, but the moral is (and I should listen to this) is to get some up-to-date virus-check software!!

DB
 Cry

Team Delboy Racing
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2003, 11:38:31 pm »

Upgrade to Internet Explorer 6 - that has Outlook Express 6 included with it, and has far less security loop holes in it and is safer than version 5.  Get the update direct from Microsoft's site... Urrgh!!!  Did I just say that - to visit Microsoft...?  I feel dirty and diseased now... Must go scrub....

If you are after AntiVirus, and cant be arsed (or are too tight) to pay try AVG 6 Free Version - it is exactly what is says, FREE!  Get it from www.grisoft.com - makes sure you get the free one and not the full corporate version on 30 day trial  Shocked  The updates are free and it doesnt take forever to download.

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 12:37:08 am »

Not sure Outlook Express 6 would have prevented this one, but it's a good idea anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: