Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 09:02:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic Le Mans  (Read 43918 times)
rcutler
« on: June 16, 2004, 10:48:04 pm »

I would like to attend the classic Le Mans again but am in search of either a lift or passengers. I have attended 5 24 Hour Le Mans and the first classic and would like to say that I have visited all of them.
I would prefer a lift as I drive every year and the motorhome I have has developed several faults at this years Le Mans and might be sold rather then to fix all the probs.
You can email at the address to the left (Post Icon) or PM me. I would prefer to camp rather than hotel but I am flexible. Hope to hear from other people in a sticky situation.

Steve, Gibb, Mark??? what are you upto??
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 11:16:48 pm »

Rick, I'm up for the Classic.  We could take my estate car and be able to get 4 people in it in comfort plus plenty of room in the back for camping gear.

It's only six weeks away so I guess we should firm it up.

Steve East Anglian cobras

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 11:51:11 pm »

Not sure if I'll get away with three trips to Le Mans in 5 months but I'll try!!

That said, I've been offered a lift down by Ferrari Spider so may meet you down there  Grin

If that doesn't come off then I don't mind driving either!!
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 09:27:48 am »

JP, you were paying attention, i'm impressed, lets get planning, meeting in Reading?
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 09:38:24 am »

Just been looking through the special website for the event.  http://www.lemansclassic.com/2004/  I t would appear that if we approached the organisers we would be eligible to special rates and privileges.  Who actually represents the club in a official capacity, there must be someone?

Welcome to the Clubs

We do our best to ease your stay at "Le Mans Classic 2004"

Privileged access" to the circuit

Ticketing with preferential rates for driver and car passengers.

Ticketing is only advance booking and through the clubs.

Reserved spaces

- The “Bugatti Espace Club” inside a major zone hosting the pre-66 cars, plus interesting later models.

- The "Le Mans Classic 24H Club“ gathering in the middle of the paddocks the former 24 Hours cars not in competition

- A special car park will be set aside outside for the other club cars.

Invitation to the private paddock enclosure- Dress code: no jeans

Special Club facilities

Marquees -fully-equipped 25 m²-units

Le Mans Classic” special picnic baskets

Entertainment reserved to the Clubs

Concourse supported by the FFVE and the FIVA

Big dinner and dancing party on Saturday evening

Track access for a drive along the circuit

Contact us : info@lemansclassic.com
rcutler
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 09:47:05 am »

I think we may need to meet up and do some planning.

I already have friday and monday off so time is not a problem. Although I do believe there will be qualifying on the Friday this year. Camping was on MB last year. There were bigger crowds for this then the pre quals but the grandstands are all free and there is usually space.

What are your feelings on ferry route and dates. Calais is the cheapest by far.

BE AWARE THIS IS IN THE UK AND FRENCH SCHOOL HOLIDAYS THIS YEAR. Ferry prices will be over the odds anyway.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2004, 10:03:15 am »

my preference would be via caen as i'm about 45 mins from portsmouth or poole.  The calais route doubles my travel time.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 11:37:04 am by Ferrari Spider » Logged
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 12:13:31 pm »

I am going, but it's part of a family holiday, so have wife & kids in tow, arriving Thurs pm, MB camping.

Think that the Welcome to Clubs is aimed at owners clubs of historic marques, but might be wrong.

Granstands were only free if you applied for tickets before 31st May or you are ACO member, now 20 euro. Paddock passes ( dress code) 15 euro but must be purchased in advance. MB camping 60 euro Shocked.

There were some ferry deals about for this time, got a 11 day ticket Sea France for £150, car (3m height limit) + 4 people.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 01:44:31 pm by Barry » Logged
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 12:16:45 pm »

They are closing the roads Friday pm, some info suggests that they will start on Friday night, as ther are now 400 cars wishing to take part.
Radio Le mans will be running Smiley Smiley
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2004, 12:21:02 pm »

I went to the last one and it was absolutely fantastic, so I'm rather hoping to go again.

Last time there were lots of car clubs and they all got nto drive around the full curcuit. This is something I think we would all love to do. If we're going to do this as a CA thing then we need to get organised here guys and quick!

In a moment of madness, I even considered taking the Commer down if we go as a group. That way, if anyone wants to take their pride and joy Classic Car around the curcuit, there is a means of lugging all the gear down. Also happy to take a few passengers to share costs. I would only intend to leave on a friday night and get a sunday ferry back to the UK (or mon am at an absolute push). If nothing is sorted on the CA front  then it'll probably be the WRX for the trip.

Any comments to the above?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
rcutler
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2004, 12:28:50 pm »

Andy I went to the first one and really really really want to go again. It looks like myself and Steve are planning on going maybe in his car.
Althought the commer does not feature on the list maybe you could blag it on the track as one of the original support vehicles, seeing it on the track would certainly be entertaining if it does get on. I doubt that Steve will mind if you come with us but we might be going out friday and back monday depending on work/family commitments. The new seacat that I used last week from Pompy to Caen is fantastic for LM, 6 hours door to door is more like it!
Myself and Steve can keep you posted.

So Far:-

Rick Cutler
JPChenet
Ferrari Spider
Steve Brown
Gibberish
Andy Zarse
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2004, 02:01:42 pm »

How to become invisible in one easy lesson, mention wife and children. Cry
rcutler
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2004, 02:21:15 pm »

Ooops sorry Barry.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2004, 04:54:16 pm »

After the ACO getting the hump about the posters, wouldn't it be great to then see it on the track!!!!!   Grin
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2004, 04:59:10 pm »

Thats unless he doctors the Classic poster.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: