Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 10:06:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: driver of the race  (Read 2178 times)
donny
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2004, 05:36:30 pm »

what a drive from jamie davies, why isnt this man in f1,he clearly has the pace.
Skoff
CA Veteran

Drive it like you stole it!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 06:06:42 pm »

Quite agree donny... but then again when has driver ability had much to do with getting a seat in F1?

Look at Justin Wilson, one of the most successful F3000 drivers ever and he had to sell shares in himself to get together the funds to get a drive at all!!!

It's sad but true that drivers are often picked on their marketability & cash they can bring to the table rather than their skill behind the wheel.

It strikes me that Le Mans is less about the cash and more about the racing? Maybe I am being naive???

Beer bellies are the new sixpack...
terrysmithy
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 06:11:31 pm »

agreed there mate, davies was superb,to pull a gap over mcnish like jamie did at the start was just great, then posting fastest lap in early hours of the morning just when it mattered the most when the car came out of garage with problem sorted,he was bang on it the whole race.i agree with mark blundell, he has a great future in sportscars ahead of him. johhny was great as always and guy drove steady too, just wish they could have got the win.
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 06:30:48 pm »

Jamie Davies was awesomely fast, he would have made McNish look ordinary were it not for the fact the the 2 of them pulled away from the other Audis.

However Jusin Wilson in the 2nd (or was it the lead?) #16 Dome Judd posted the fastest non-Audi lap of the race. (3’36.726) If it wasn't for the dicky gearbox, & the accident that wrecked the cars monococque they would have been on for a good run to the podium.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: