Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 11:09:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans 1975  (Read 11674 times)
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2004, 03:34:03 pm »

Matt,
Grimbergen and carbon fibre wafers for you at communion mate. Blood and body of the devil. Remember that god loves a sinner though. (I'm not sure where I read that, and come to think of it, I might be misquoting)
Anyway, re your Porsche #29. You got me hooked on that one, and I spent a good while hauling around the web. (I know, prayer should really be the answer, but I'm beginning to think I'm transmitting only, either that or He really should go Broadband). No 29, according to various sources was a Lola T292 ran by Societe ROC, and rather unfortunately bust a CV joint in the 23rd hour. Now, a few sources had a Carrera RSR #9 starting, but no-one seems to know what happened to it. One site has it doing 3 laps and then being DQ'd and another, usually informative, site actually says "Did this car start the race?" in the results column.
I think we need an eye witness report (which rules out Robbo) or confirmation from another source before we can award you a CA quiz point.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2004, 03:42:28 pm »

Unbelievable story with the Porsche, even hard to believe for an atheist. Typically ACO. Grin

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2004, 04:44:57 pm »

Matt,
Grimbergen and carbon fibre wafers for you at communion mate.
Anyway, re your Porsche #29. You got me hooked on that one, and I spent a good while hauling around the web. (I know, prayer should really be the answer, but I'm beginning to think I'm transmitting only, either that or He really should go Broadband). No 29, according to various sources was a Lola T292 ran by Societe ROC, and rather unfortunately bust a CV joint in the 23rd hour. Now, a few sources had a Carrera RSR #9 starting, but no-one seems to know what happened to it. One site has it doing 3 laps and then being DQ'd and another, usually informative, site actually says "Did this car start the race?" in the results column.

I have likewise conducted further independent research based on your response, your holiness.
I shamefully defer on the race number in question. It seems I'm hoisted petard-wise by a typographical error in my reference, the thoroughly useless, inaccurate and generally tawdry rag, scribbled by that bastard, Dominique Pascal. The 911 was indeed #9 - not #29. I should have cross-referenced and double-checked. It's an inexcusable performance on my part. Where's my hair shirt?

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2004, 05:10:16 pm »

Steve - you are a quitter. For one as adept as you, at the snappy internet search, I am thoroughly disappointed.

Apologies Mr Brown - I should have been levelling my disdain at JPC - I do beg your pardon, Steve......

That's OK then, coz I've always been covered in the "couldn't give a rats arse category"!!!!!!  Grin
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2004, 05:11:53 pm »

usted es a lilly livered a hijo de un bastardo

Steve East Anglian cobras

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2004, 05:15:36 pm »

usted es a lilly livered a hijo de un bastardo

Correction, I am a "usted es a lilly livered a hijo de un bastardo" who will be in Le Mans tomorrow!!  Grin

BTW, what is Lilly Livered??  Punished Liver I could understand!!  Wink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: