Club Arnage
May 01, 2024, 12:41:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GT at Zandvoort(don't worry, more pics than reading)  (Read 2550 times)
Bartus
CA Veteran

The cars, the action and the chicks:speedpics(.nl)

View Profile WWW
« on: August 19, 2004, 02:54:49 pm »

A bit late, I admitt, but I had to recover from serious sunburn. You'll find coverage of the GT-part and the rest of the fun on www.speedpics.nl in de Masters of F3 section.

Bartus(who thinks you should not miss the babe-section either)

veni bibi vomui
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 07:06:07 pm »

Very good Bartus, I see you've revamped your site.  Great photos.

Steve (who, like the sad old git I am, went straight to the babe section)

Steve East Anglian cobras

Fax
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 12:43:51 am »

Hi BT,
Excellent pics!  Any day spent at Zandvort would be a good one.  Its a crime that the Dutch GP is no longer on the calendar, the fast seaside circut always provided one of the best races of the year (who can forget the battle between Jonesy & Gilles in '79!)  The only crime that Bernie has commited over the years worse than abandoning Watkins Glen was doing the same to Zandvort.  I've got the entire 1978 Dutch GP on video, will have to break it out tonight, sink a few Stellas and watch Mario & Ronnie rocket through the sweepers in the dunes.
John
Bartus
CA Veteran

The cars, the action and the chicks:speedpics(.nl)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 05:51:33 pm »

Gheheh those are in fact sweet, sweet memories from days long gone. The track has been raped and although it has the same lenghth as back in 1978 the layout is completely different. A few corners are still there but the surface is about half of what is used to be and the long straight towards the Tarzan curve now looks more like a pit. I still go there on a regular basis but it is the politicians that murdere the old track, ofcourse helped by ernie cos when something bad happens he is always around...

There was a documentay about the death of Roger Williamson on our local television recently....emotional but also VERY embarrssing footage....

I used to go there with my dad when you could still move around freely...that is even longer ago cos these days you feel like cattle if youvist a F1-event.  Sad

Bartus(who thinks even on tv it looks like sh*t BTW)

veni bibi vomui
Fax
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004, 08:45:48 pm »

Hi Braketest,
Thats a shame to hear that Zandvoort has been butchered like so many other classic venues.  The high speed, flowing nature of the circut always provided some superb races.  Such a historic venue, its saw the first win for BRM in 1959 with Jo Bonnier driving, the debut and first win for the Cosworth DFV courtesy of Lotus and Jim Clark in '67, the maiden GP wins for James Hunt and Jacques Laffite in 1975 and '77 respectively.  It also wintessed the final GP wins of Niki Lauda and Mario Andretti in '85 & '78.  Of course it saw some very sad moments as well with the losses of Piers Courage and Roger Williamson in 1970 and 1973.   Back in the seventies before the advent of cable TV the Dutch GP was one of the handfull of races usually shown same day here in the US, I always really looked forward to it.
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: