Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 07:21:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British GP axed for 2005  (Read 14604 times)
Fax
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2004, 04:26:15 am »

Some interesting post's going on here.
Being forty-two now I was first introduced to the sport when I was about seven.  My father and uncle used to take my brother and I up to the Mid-Ohio circut every summer to see the Can-Am series, Trans-Am, IMSA Camel GT, F5000, etc.  While I grew up loving the sportscars, I absolutely ate, slept and breathed F1.  My Gods were the GP heros of the seventies, Peterson, Hunt, Lauda, Stewart, etc.  It was fascinating at the time because I could read about them racing in a F1 event in Autosport and then see them race and meet them in person a couple of weeks later racing sportscars or F5000 machines over here. My love of F1 continued through the eighties and the turbo era, just glorious days. But my interest in GP racing began to decline in the early ninties with the childish bickering of Senna, Prost, and Mansell and and after the knee-jerk hysteria that followed Senna's death I lost interest completely.  As far as I'm concerned it ceased being a sport a long time ago, its just a money making, made for TV circus with Bernie as the ringleader. Long live sportscar racing!
John
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2004, 08:53:42 am »

I see from today's paper that it is back on the calendar - on the same day as Wimbledon Men's Finals. Although I can see that may cause a reduced crowd, I would have thought that the major revenues from the event came from TV, not actual attendance. Maybe Bernie gets the TV money and the track gets the gate money, from which Bernies Bung is taken.
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2004, 10:04:46 am »

FABULOUS!!!!! Biggest larf in ages! (OK must get out more).

Do you reckon he was bullied at school?  Grin
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2004, 10:10:58 am »

It looks like the USA GP is penciled in to clash with LM this year instead of Canada. At least the Canadian is less boring than the US so I don't think I will bother going down to Tetre Rouge to watch it.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2004, 10:13:59 am »

Also, I believe it'll be the last day of Henley on the proposed GP date. I know where I would rather be; sat on the river bank, with a very large glass of something cold in my hand, watching all the gorgeous girls walk past wearing very little, watching the rowing.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Dark Warrior
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2004, 11:01:14 am »

Nobby

I culdn't agree more... however I tend to find that after having had 4 previous days in the environs of the said river bank/bar etc my hand, and whatever I have in at the time, tend to be shaking somewhat... Grin

DW

DW
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2004, 11:08:57 am »

Indeed. Roll on Saturday and Sunday at the Barn Bar.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2004, 06:30:28 pm »

It looks like the USA GP is penciled in to clash with LM this year instead of Canada. At least the Canadian is less boring than the US so I don't think I will bother going down to Tetre Rouge to watch it.

Come watch the highlights / lowlights on ITV at SPS Towers 2005.

Take life by the horns and live it.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2004, 09:57:26 am »

Come watch the highlights / lowlights on ITV at SPS Towers 2005.

But don't take any beer with you or Robbo will shout at you!!!   Grin Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: