Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 01:29:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Youngsters at Le Mans  (Read 8513 times)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2004, 05:04:44 pm »

Barry, I seem to remember your eldest got a slight taste for fine champagne at the Poo bar at the Classic!

As to the sights in the town centre, I can recommend the XIVth century cathedral, the interior is magnificent with it's gothic crenellations. It is historically interesting too, as it is where King Henry Plantagenet had a bit of a dust up with the locals, I think it followed a drunken argument with the tatooed slatterns and door management of Ye Olde Relaxe Clubbe.

I'm trying to keep him away from the vintage port, there's only just enough in a bottle for his mum and me after dinner Grin Grin Grin

I think that ancient cars ( from his perspective ) are a lesser evil than historic buildings. Anyway he is of good English stock, see a medieval French building and trash it Wink

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2004, 07:46:08 pm »

We intent taking a bus full of swedish au pairs to look after our infants. If anyone needs to book themselves into the Brethren creche I suggest you get your application form filled in right now.
Rusty
A big yes please from me. I'll even bring my own bib in case I dribble

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2005, 10:43:54 pm »

We intent taking a bus full of swedish au pairs to look after our infants. If anyone needs to book themselves into the Brethren creche I suggest you get your application form filled in right now.
Rusty
Could I leave Brad there after thoroughly vetting the staff? (Early birthday present)
bird
CA Veteran

neeeeeeeow!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2005, 01:31:04 pm »

My munchkin will be making annual appearances as of 2006. As I don't drink I can't forsee any issues  Undecided

A ferrari can't run on glue
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2005, 05:41:19 pm »

I see no problem taking kids to LM. Most of the adults there behave like six year olds.  Grin

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
DavidsDad
CA Veteran

It's too early, switch off the a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2005, 08:09:30 pm »

Thanks to everyone for the advice, some was useful, but all was welcome!

My lad has been asking me to take him to Le Mans since he was about 7, (when I last went).  To put an end to his pleading I promised him then I'd take  him when he was older (mum just isn't interested).  
"Will that be next year, Dad?",
(cue violins, ) "No son, it's REALLY noisy at Le Mans, and you hardly get ANY sleep, and you wouldn't like it, honest. Maybe when you're a bit older."
"How old, dad?  When I'm 8 can I go???"

(And I the little bugger has remembered my response:-

Weeeeeell, I dunno, son.  Maybe when you're eleven? IF YOU'RE A GOOD BOY.  

And he is, more often than not.

See you there!

I still don't know whether to pitch the tent onthe front lawn of the airport again, it's such a long walk back when the adrenaline runs out in the small hours.....  Any ideas for tent sites?

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2005, 08:29:55 pm »

Davids dad,
Ambitious, and some would say foolhardy. It's worth bearing in mind the often quoted advice for what items one should take to Le Mans -
"don't take it if you're not prepared to lose it"
Best of luck mate!
I do have some great advice in mp3 format, if someone can tell me how to post it, I will.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2005, 11:08:49 am »

Started taking Brad to Gp's when he was 10, had some great times, wish I had got to LM with him earlier, now he is more useful - (well some times at 23, I still seem to get stitched on money) i.e. driving the car when I want get P-ssed, and sharing the trip back when we're both nackered. we made it our boys event (the wife and thje girls do their thing the same weekend - careful though can make it expensive!). Should be encouraged its what its all about.
Would be interesting to see how many of us first when't motor racing with our dads?

Stiched for money? Like you ever have any money - the girls take it all, and we get left with the dregs!

From a kids point of view, the day my dad came into my room in 1990 (at a STUPID time in the morning) and said "fancy going to see Nigel Mansell at the Grand Prix" was probably the most influencial thing he ever did when I was a kid - ever since then my blood has had petrol in it - and as much as the lure of football trys to draw me away, my first sporting love will always be motor sports.

There are a few things to be aware of though.

Taking a kid to motor racing ultimately builds thier interest in the sport - take them when they are 10 and they'd like to be involved - they want a kart to start racing - karts are expensive.

Having said that - if we could of, we would of gone racing when I was that age - and football would never have got a look in.  

Give the kid the bug - he'll love you for it.  remind said kid when he's 22 not to buy a kart, cos it means you have to share the running costs.  Grin  Shocked

Now dad - get back to work - my new car wont pay for itself!   Tongue

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: