Club Arnage
April 30, 2024, 07:48:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aston Martin / Club Arnage T Shirt Design  (Read 11126 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2005, 08:23:51 pm »

On the shell story, just how can you expect to complain that someone is using your image, when your image is that of a shell, when the sea if full of them and they can be found on any beach in the world !  Its not like its a well thought out original design. Have they got the copy right on every shell in the sea that looks like their logo ?
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2005, 08:28:58 pm »

Now you're applying womens logic, Chris.
Wear your shirt with pride, old son. Sod the corporate lawyers!

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2005, 08:34:04 pm »

Have they got the copy right on every shell in the sea

No Chris, but they do have copyright on their logo, or anything that loks vaguely like it. In pretty much the same way as Audi don't hold copyright on circles, but they do if they're arranged in a particular way.

To be honest, I can't imagine that there will be teams of eagle eyed lawyers  hired to prowl around the Sebring campsites looking to serve writs there and then on anyone who looks like they may be unlawfully using a representation of their logo. I mean, I often have skid marks that look like the Fiat logo, surely these legal eagles can't be that dedicated? I guess with multiple wearings, a shift in orientation combined with very loose movements, and you too could infringe Audi copyright!
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2005, 11:44:19 pm »

No Chris, but they do have copyright on their logo, or anything that looks vaguely like it.
It actually makes me wonder. Just set aside for a moment the people who try to make a living out of copying other people's succesfull stuff.

What happens with a covered song? The original writer gets awarded a sum of money for copyrights. That's because more money will be made from the same song. But what happens in the mean time? The original song will be sold again aswell! So basicly the writer of the original song will be rewarded more than he could hope for, people get reminded because of the cover and start looking for the original.
That last thing could also be an original logo from -for example- the 24 hr logo.
What if the shirt -on which the logo is printed on- is worn on another venue? It might just be free advertisement for the LeMans-venue.

So what are they moaning about? Free f**kin' advertisements!! Shocked
Yes, someone stole their logo. But he's selling it for them, and giving them the revenue Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: