Club Arnage
June 05, 2024, 03:50:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP , Tommy Vance  (Read 23498 times)
Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2005, 01:39:23 pm »

Another great voice from my past gone. Learnt all about AC/DC Led Zep, Black Sabbath, with a transistor radio and one of those little ear-peices with the MW fading in and out under the bed sheets on the Friday Rock Show.

Lets Rock!  Cry

The worring thing is, that they say these come in threes..........................

dave allen
 Cry

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2005, 02:09:05 pm »

dave allen
 Cry

To right.  Cry  Just read the news. He sat in front of me  on a flight to Nice a few years ago. He sat the same way as he did on the TV with his whisky glass but no tab. Spoke to him whilst waiting at the baggage carousel which went along  the lines of ' We're not worthy'. My mate also had a celebrity slash with him (which could start a new topic of ' Who have you had a piss next to').
What a top bloke and a top comedian.  

RIP Dave (I'm a wide mouth frog) Allen.

IN HIS OWN WORDS

I still think of myself as I was 25 years ago. Then I look in a mirror and see an old bastard and realise it's me."
Am I the Irish comedian with half a finger? No, I'm the Irish comedian with nine and a half fingers."
"A good storyteller never lets the facts get in the way."
"We spend our lives on the run: we get up by the clock, eat and sleep by the clock, get up again, go to work - and then we retire. And what do they give us? A clock."
"I don't go out of my way to be outrageous, I just go out of my way to look at things."
"I'm an atheist ... thank God."
"I've stopped smoking ... I think the cost was a lot of it, and not being able to breathe. I first gave up smoking when I was eight."
"If it's sent by ship then it's a cargo, if it's sent by road then it's a shipment."
"Don't mourn for me now, don't mourn for me never - I'm going to do nothing for ever and ever (what Allen said he would like to have inscribed on his tombstone)."
"Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you" (Allen's trademark sign-off).

There's a drunk who arrives home and waiting for him is the very formidable figure of the wife. And she looks at him and she says, "Drunk Again?!" He says, "So am I."

She said, "What does the clock say?"
He says, "The clock says puck, bong, dingy, ticky, tick."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 02:17:00 pm by Stu » Logged
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2005, 05:07:12 pm »

Another great entertainer lost to the world. I think I shall have to drag out all those old VHS recordings I have of him.

My dad has had a piss next to the captain of the star destroyer in the orginal Star Wars film !
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2005, 05:16:28 pm »

This is terrible, they're going down like flies.

Just heard on the news that Ronnie Corbet has tragically died earlier today. Apparently he fell off a ladder whilst painting the skirting boards.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 05:17:36 pm by A Zarse esq » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2005, 06:26:18 pm »

This is terrible, they're going down like flies.

Just heard on the news that Ronnie Corbet has tragically died earlier today. Apparently he fell off a ladder whilst painting the skirting boards.

for a minute i almost believed you   Cheesy

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2005, 11:00:49 pm »

No no no, Corbett killed himself falling off the treadmill making the comic relief video!!  Wink I saw it last night!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: