Club Arnage
April 23, 2024, 08:45:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aston win class  (Read 8014 times)
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2005, 09:38:17 am »

Great to see Aston do so well on thier return to the track.

Will be interested to hear the views from the guys that were there, had to make do with watching it on Motors TV which just made me realise how long we have to wait for Le Mans Sad

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 09:47:05 am »

Im sure the Harpers will have a reason for it!!
Well done to Aston,i'm sure their T sales will rocket now
PM
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 11:16:12 am »

Way to go Aston  Grin

Still plenty of time left to tweak the cars for LM, after all, we don't want those Corvette boys thinking they may have a chance! Kiss

Looks like the best site for results is here American Le Mans Website
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 10:00:10 pm »

Without any media coverage about Sebring at the w/e (yes, it' true) I'm slowly gaining groud at DSC. I still can't believe that Aston have made it. I'm still clapping my hands (during typing this), very, very well done.  Cheesy

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
jeep1
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 03:32:22 am »

dont worry about the Corvettes id be more concerned with the Carsport america  Viper I hear its getting a HEMI Grin
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 11:55:04 am »

dont worry about the Corvettes id be more concerned with the Carsport america  Viper I hear its getting a HEMI Grin

If you mean the No.71 car car they may have a problem............I have their hood!!!

It's a long story which I'll post later. Suffice to say it's currently being sliced up in Texas so that parts of it can be UPS'd around the world.
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 12:22:42 pm »

I saw that the cake didn't help... knackered gearbox... quite disappointing. I hope you had a great time.

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 12:32:24 pm »

I have to be honest Hans Gerd, although we did pass on your best wishes, I didn't take them any cakes. To be frank, the only things I saw in the shops were "Spring Break Cookies" and it would have been an insult to offer them to them!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 01:06:28 pm »

If you mean the No.71 car car they may have a problem............I have their hood!!!

It's a long story which I'll post later. Suffice to say it's currently being sliced up in Texas so that parts of it can be UPS'd around the world.

And here it is with the CA crowd who camped at the site. (Matt, Dave, Fax and Hasleggs joined us on Saturday)

* viper.gif (61.42 KB, 400x301 - viewed 182 times.)
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 01:11:32 pm »

To be frank, the only things I saw in the shops were "Spring Break Cookies" and it would have been an insult to offer them to them!
Grin

That's ok Mark. I'll bring them double the lot to Spa then. It looks like they need something to lighten up their mood.
Shall I pass on your wishes ?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 01:16:28 pm by hgb » Logged

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2005, 01:18:37 pm »

To be frank, the only things I saw in the shops were "Spring Break Cookies" and it would have been an insult to offer them to them!
Grin

That's ok Mark. I'll bring them double the lot to Spa then. It looks like they need something to lighten up their mood.
Shall I pass on your wishes ?

Yes please.......although I'm hoping to pop out for the weekend. Could be a bit tricky though!
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2005, 09:08:32 pm »

Im sure the Harpers will have a reason for it!!
PM

Not so PM. I was delighted and totally impressed by the Aston Martin debut. It's great for British fans of sportscar racing - and great for the sport itself. GT1 (GTS) was the race to watch this year and Prodrive had clearly prepared very well indeed. The cars looked great (sadly, they don't sound like an Aston should), were very fast - and the team took advantage of a couple of on-track incidents that befell both Vettes - and that's all part of endurance racing. Their strategy was on-point and they looked to be a very composed, methodical and thorough unit. Their pit work was faultless and there is clearly a lot of drive and enthusiasm (if not money) in the team. It was fantastic to witness it.
I think GM/Pratt & Miller were somewhat taken aback by the on-track performance of the DBR9 and if that causes them to raise their game then that's no bad thing at all.
As a footnote, it was an absolute pleasure to spend some time with some of the contributors to this forum. Phil - many thanks for the baseball cap - All of the Turn 10 crew - thank you for the extremely generous hospitality - JPC, Andy Z, Steve Brown and Rick Cutler - very entertaining - it was a blast to do this race with you guys.
And for the record, Smokie still drinks babies beer - and I don't know what to make of Chris24!
Proper good weekend and no mistake - and you'll all be thrilled to hear that it's raining again!    

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 09:59:47 pm »

Matt
Looks like it'll be the contest to watch in LM then.I was only teasing you though,I love the vettes as much as anyone
cheers
PM
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2005, 01:43:29 pm »

Do the new vette's sound as good as the old ones?

It would be a very sad day when that magnificent sound no longer reverberates around Le Sarthe.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2005, 03:19:22 pm »

Yes Barry, it's pretty much the same powerplant as the C5.  Also the Panoz Esperante has a V8 with sod all sound deadening.

However, the best sound of all was the Aston Martin................as they crossed the finishing line in first place GT1  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: