Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 01:14:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who, when, where.  (Read 45743 times)
Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2005, 06:53:57 pm »

Team 'Spinnit' as we call ourselves for some reason, will hopefully get together in Pompy ready for the Wednesday evening boat to St. Malo.

We meet at Jon's in Southsea and load up the campervan like we're the A-team on a mission. Nobody gets killed, but we make some interesting things from an old barn and a lawn mower...

Jon (I know about some cars and enjoy the racing) - 4th year

Gaz (I provide a camper van but somebody else can drive this time) - 4th year

Rus (The Ticket master! If it wasn't for me... you'd have to sort your own tickets...like you did last year) - 3rd Year

Lindsay (The puppet master & Chef) - 3rd Year

Mike (Beard face & card counter...appears as if from nowhere from a cloud of Malborough smoke) - 4th Year

Now credit where credit due... sometimes Mike can be on time, and seeing as he holds the ferry tickets, there's always nervous tension as we approach the big day!

We practice the ancient art of getting a puncture on the way to Le Sarthe pretty much every year, so we hope to get to HA by mid afternoon on Thursday. Not only does Gaz provide 1st class transport, but also all the camping gear, extra tents and relaxed 'can do' attitude.

Then Cherborg to Pompy on Monday ar-a-noon.

1 palace on wheels and 5 mountain bikes if you please. We don't use the mountain bikes until we get there though. That would just be silly.

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Gland in the hand worth two in a Bush Tour 2007
Lancs Se7en
CA Veteran

I love it sideways

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2005, 01:17:31 pm »

LADS (Lancashire & District Sevens) will be departing as follows

Wednesday the 15th June
Initial meet up at the Black Bull Bury Lancs for lunch at 12.00
Second meet at Knutsford Services at 14.00
Third meet up at Oxford Services at 16.00
Final meet up at Pompey at 19.00

17 vehicles in total made up of

12 Caterhams
1 Passat Estate carrying the supplies
1 E Type
1 Elise
1 AN Other
1 Porsche truck carrying an F40 or a Porsche 4 wheel drive thing.

Departing Pompey to Le Havre overnight boat on the 15th
Returning Le Havre to Pompey on the overnight boat on the 20th
Staying La Musee and will be at the Poo Bar on the Saturday night. A few virgins amongs us but that will be sorted over the race weekend Tongue

Does it really only have full throttle
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2005, 08:31:56 pm »

Our base team left the Oort Cloud in a converted washing machine just after the Battle of Hastings, their catastrophic plan involves hitting terminal velocity somewhere near the Kuiper Belt during the French Renaissance. I understand they picked up a couple of proto-fans near the Cassinni Division.
We haven't heard from them for a while, but they're hoping to get there before us. Unless Julius freaks out and discovers God and hope.
Uncle Albert (78 and a quarter) leaves on a mopping up mission the Sunday before the race. Christ knows what he's taking in his van this year but I've noticed he's been spending a lot of time in the shed (from which comes many strange and startled noises) and the local wildlife seems to have gone very quite around these parts.
I leave on Tuesday morning with a sense of foreboding and a couple of mates. We're headed for the fickle mistress that is Maison Blanche and I expect to use more petrol than would fit in the Liverpool Boys swimming pool, although this year I intend to avoid scratching the paintwork outside of the Heineken Bar.
Portsmouth to Cherbourg for us.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 08:33:00 pm by BigH » Logged

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2005, 05:26:53 pm »

Me and two travelling companions are going Poole to Cherbourg on wednesday overnight (no cabin due to complete idiot booking the ferry - oh, that was me   Embarrassed ) and coming back same route (but in the opposite direction before any smart arse comments).

We shall be voyaging in what can only be described as a rented transit because that's what it is. As we are only taking bbq, two fridges, gazebo, 3 tents, smallish genny, tables, chairs, sofas, beds, saunas etc. there should be quite a bit of room left if anyone needs something taking down.

If you can get to Bournemouth before the wednesday you are welcome to borrow some space.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2005, 02:22:55 pm »

Can at last confirm that team Monkey will be leaving Oxford 16th for the over night St Malo, will eat up some nosh and drink some wine and make our way very slowly to Arnage, having spent the night on the coast. Smiley Will arrive 12ish. This is my 18th visit, brothers 17th and the 3rd visit for the young monkies. we do have the burdon of the her in doors monkey keeping an eye on us on the journeys, Cry but of course her invitation does not extend to the race itself. Cool Can't bloody wait!! Funny thought I would have grown out of it by now, but this time of year start looking over all the old video adventures from years gone bye. See you all over there.
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2005, 05:42:25 pm »

Club-Speed-Es-Car-Go will be departing Dover at 7.00am Thursday, arriving Beaucejour about 4.00pm after lunch stops etc.

Leaving after race on Sunday, stayong overnight at Evreux, then ferry back from Calais at 2.45 Monday.

Then into the bar at thome for a 'de-brief' Grin Grin

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
SpriteII
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2005, 12:09:12 am »

Me and my other half in my 1275 mk2 Sprite, Speed Ferries Thursday afternoon.  My Dad in his MX5, the chunnel later that afternoon.   Meeting up that evening for a night at the Ibis in Abbeville.

Drive down to our usual hotel in Bagnoles de l'Orne Friday (possibly stopping to visit my great granfathers WW1 grave just north of Rouen).

Parking in Expo at the race, Dad will probably drive back to the hotel but we'll probably kip in the Sprite.  

J.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2005, 08:52:44 am »

The KBG  are heading out on Tuesday evening Portsmouth to Caen 23:15
Arrive BSJ 10:30/11:00 on Wednesday.

Bobblehat Racing are doing the following

BSJ some time on Wed

See you all there!!!!

Bobble do you want us to  save you a spot need the place we where last year?
If so PM me you Mobby #.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Buzzter
CA Veteran

Fat Hand Gang

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2005, 11:59:27 am »

The FAT HAND GANG will be departing on condor ferries from Poole to St Malo on Wed 15th. After an overnight stop at Rennes we will set up camp at Expo in the cattle shed's. This year we are taking
3x Robin Hoods
1x Sylva Mojo
1x E-Type
1x pick up
Returning Monday evening to Poole.
Darren
CA Veteran

Wannabe Jedi Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2005, 02:21:26 pm »

Team Sharpe will deploy from Newhaven first light on Thursday on god knows what as the Seacat perrished.  Arriving Dieppe some time later that day for a jaunt down to Houx.  This years transport for the campaign includes, Audi Coupe, Cerbera, Mr T and his Honda Accord, Mr Mercedes Van and Tink with his Impreza.

Departing Sunday evening and stopping at Chateau Behen nr Abbeyville.  Very pleasant, 5th yr to use the Chateau, cheaper than an Ibis!!!

Cool

Darren - Team Sharpe
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2005, 10:17:43 am »

Team Booze'n'Tabs will be going thursday Portsmouth Caen. Arriving at Bsj later. Watch the start from the Mulsanne corner as usual. After exhaustive meeting last night everything is now sorted, must have another meeting soon just to make sure.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2005, 08:51:19 pm »

Update from Up North Crew, we've ditched one of the  911's in favour of an RS6 on account of we can get the fridge and Fatboy in an RS6!!

Jem
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2005, 02:13:28 am »

You need a flatbed for fat boy Jem.
Everything else will just be pain and bad odour.

Rusty Lips Sealed

The Brethren Rock
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2005, 01:29:50 pm »

To top it all the fat one is also now the holder of a GB passeporte and thinks of himself as being English !!!

Comments re odour noted, we'll be needed to get him dipped before we go.

Jem
Verne
CA Veteran

Whats this about Llama's?

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2005, 12:48:24 pm »

The Lordly Benhams BMW of Wolverhampton Motor Racing spectating team will be despatching their recon party to LM via Portsmouth to Caen on Sunday 23.30hrs Ferry, arriving at Houx Annexe on Monday 09.00hrs to 'bag' a plot for the rest of the team to arrive and settle into on Thursday.

Recon party will attend the 'Scrutes' on Monday and Tuesday and Quals on Wednesday.
The full team with replacements can be seen at Saturnin on Friday Am for the Parade and general letch at nice cars.
Friday lunch at the Chinois on the Mulsanne, followed by a probable 'lost afternoon' tempered by a pleasant push bike ride round the various camping sites to spot old and gain new friends. And, if the heads permit, the Pilots Parade in town on Friday evening.

Monday morning is about getting the camp site back to such a state it will go back in the car, this activity is generally accompanied by a much dehydration and a bijou headache.

Back to Cherbourg to catch the 16.00hrs Ferry to Portsmouth for a 22.00hrsish landing, home for midnight. Own bed, shower, and a soft warm .....duvet. Sigh.

Everyone have a safe trip and a fab week/end.

Mark.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: