Club Arnage
March 19, 2024, 11:53:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad News, Good News  (Read 9935 times)
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 03:42:41 pm »

No, from the other side of Arnage. Mulsanne is to the East of Arnage, and I am suggesting the west. The ring road that passes in front of the circuit either goes east to J23 of the A28, but if you take the A11 west you pick up the other end of the same road, this time west of Arnage. Coming in that way you'll avoid the big delays that occur race week, you come off the ring road well short of the circuit and drop down to Spay and then Arnage. Look the route up on Google Earth or even, if you have one and they still exist, a map. Much easier to visualise. In my book it'll be a lot less hassle than coming via Auchan (the worst idea that in my opinion) and we all know that coming off at 23 of the A28, especially the Friday or Saturday, takes several hours to get to the circuit. Last year during the Classic it took me over an hour to get home at 11am, all 7 miles of it, on the Saturday morning before racing had started, but those going to the circuit from the A28 were littered along the verge, overheated.
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 09:11:12 pm »

... got whacked by heavy traffic last year when we came in from the north on the Thursday afternoon...basically lots of people queuing on the motorway going nowhere!
crispy - which motorway? The bottom of the A28 where it meets the A11?

Trying to work out best way to get folks to Arnage Thursday evening. If A28/A11 is a car park then figure it can be avoided by taking A13 towards Paris from Rouen, then N154 down to A11 then A28 south again towards Tours till junction 24. (In my experience J24 brilliant for Mulsanne/Arnage access which could avoid the J23 car park.)

Figuring the D326 in from the west (J9 of A11) could well become dodgy but lynxd67, you have the local knowledge and figure that is less likely? Presumably as all the Paris folk arrive from east?
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 09:36:47 pm »

I guess I am laying myself open for criticism but yes, the majority follow their GPS's and go down the A28 to J23, then park up for an hour or so. Those coming from the West will of course do what I am suggesting, but the vast majority of Parisians/Dutch/Belgians/Brits/Germans come down the east side, like sheep. All I'm suggesting is to turn west towards Angers on the A11 and pick up the ring road to the circuit on the other side. Frankly, when you get near the circuit from whatever direction it's gridlock, but coming off the ring  road early and going via Spay should (note the caution!) avoid the gridlock.
crispyshark

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 10:45:59 pm »

... got whacked by heavy traffic last year when we came in from the north on the Thursday afternoon...basically lots of people queuing on the motorway going nowhere!
crispy - which motorway? The bottom of the A28 where it meets the A11?

Trying to work out best way to get folks to Arnage Thursday evening. If A28/A11 is a car park then figure it can be avoided by taking A13 towards Paris from Rouen, then N154 down to A11 then A28 south again towards Tours till junction 24. (In my experience J24 brilliant for Mulsanne/Arnage access which could avoid the J23 car park.)

We got caught on D323.... Motorway was probably misleading.
Figuring the D326 in from the west (J9 of A11) could well become dodgy but lynxd67, you have the local knowledge and figure that is less likely? Presumably as all the Paris folk arrive from east?
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2015, 12:57:23 am »

Sounds good.........

is breakfast for 5 out of the question?  Grin
Not if you settle the bill at the end of the meal  angel

cja

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2015, 07:48:20 am »

Sounds good.........

is breakfast for 5 out of the question?  Grin
Not if you settle the bill at the end of the meal  angel

Can I get back to you, on that one.........  Wink

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: