Club Arnage
June 16, 2024, 12:29:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I just say  (Read 9885 times)
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 04:18:23 pm »

I went Fran. The main problem was that I bet on Bath to win which is a sure enough way to make them lose.

Apart from that the Leeds defence was unbreakable and Bath really didn't seem to be bothered about making too much effort.

Personally I blame Malone. He missed two vital penalties which would have put us back in touching distance, he gifted a try to Leeds with a crap, intercepted pass and his general kicking display was very poor.

Boo Hoo!

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005, 04:20:34 pm »

Fran
How very kind of you to mention that a team from little old Leeds just managed to scrape a win against the team that previously had played in 8 (I Think) Finals and won them all. Us boys up here are absolutely astounded, cos we can't work out where they find the time to train, waht wi lookin aftat ferrets and whippets tha nos ; Grin
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2005, 04:23:23 pm »

Yes Fran, but I think there were two CAers going independently to support Bath. One I think was Robspot, who got done for speeding on the M4 by a Skoda. The other was Mr Rick www.maisonblanche.co.uk Wilson himself. Rick has had a very unhappy time at Twickers over the last few years. I seem to remember Bath lost in a final a couple of years ago afterhe had made the big trip down from Lincolnshire.

Personally I was delighted to see Leeds win on saturday, to the extent that I put The Curse of the Commer on Bath; it seems to have worked.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2005, 04:24:41 pm »

I don't know what you think Rob, but I hope Liverpool don't win the champions league. I think it would be a travesty of justice if Everton did not get Champions League Football after a seasons hard graft. I say this with apologies to the red half of Merseyside, but I just think qualification should be based on a whole season of games

Leaving travesty aside (?) I think it very unlikely that Liverpool will win the Champions League. I agree that on league performance Everton currently deserve it but I seriously doubt their chances. Can you see Everton beating Juve or Bayer Levekeusen?

Unfortunately I think the hysteria will be so great if Liverpool win that the FA will have no choice but to ask for them to go back in.

I still can't believe that the 4th place team are a staggering 25 points behind Chelsea.

Good luck to Everton anyway, everyone thought the bubble would burst this season but they're proving a lot of people wrong.

Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2005, 04:26:34 pm »

Personally I was delighted to see Leeds win on saturday, to the extent that I put The Curse of the Commer on Bath; it seems to have worked.

I'm not surprised we lost, what with the bloody thundercats against us as well!!

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2005, 04:35:33 pm »

At least you don't support Spurs...

* dotcot1.jpg (32.29 KB, 420x252 - viewed 178 times.)

Neal
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2005, 04:49:11 pm »

Mr Zarse

I am humbled, I just assumed it was the massive defensive effort that won it for the Tykes, if I had realised that they had the backing of the curse of the Commer, I would have had a much more comfortable ride down to HQ on Saturday. Any chance of extending the curse to Worcester and Harlequins Grin
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2005, 05:00:12 pm »

Consider it done mate, relegation awaits. I'll have a word tonight, as I'm due to be dong some work on the Commer tonight and so she should be in an agreeable mood. Like all women, you have to catch them just right when you ask.

Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2005, 08:00:23 pm »

Robspot, you asked how I thought EFC will fair in the Champions League.

Well if we don't blow it between now and the end of the season, which is a distinct possibility, my hope would be that we got to the group stage and did not embarass ourselves. Success seems to breed success, so the main good that could come is that we get a bit of cash and then attract some good young players to enable Mr Moyes to build for the future.

Jem

ps today has been fun talking to every manc fan I know. Its been a good year really what with Wales beating England at rugby then taking the grand slam, EFC in Europe , ho hum !!!

Jem
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2005, 02:31:07 pm »

Mr Zarse

I am humbled, I just assumed it was the massive defensive effort that won it for the Tykes, if I had realised that they had the backing of the curse of the Commer, I would have had a much more comfortable ride down to HQ on Saturday. Any chance of extending the curse to Worcester and Harlequins Grin

Spooky! I had forgotten about this until the Commer reminded me in a dream. It seems the evil Curse worked, Tykes stay up and the arrogant Quinns doomed to playing in Div 1....

The curse was also placed on Chelsea too!  

The power is mine! All mine!! BWWWHA-HA-HA-HA!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 02:33:29 pm by A Zarse esq » Logged

Neal
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2005, 02:40:13 pm »

Many congratulations the curse of the Commer truly a wonderful thing
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2005, 02:44:54 pm »

Yes it is wonderful to have such power at my disposal.

It might be diplomatic if you could make some sort of small offering or sacrifice to the God of Light Commercials. I mean, it would be really bad if the curse were to fall on you. I reckon fifty quid ought to do it.  Wink

I'm mad with the power and madder with the abuse of the power. Mad I tell you, mad.

Neal
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2005, 02:55:04 pm »

Fifty Quid! maybe a glass oh Champers at the poo bar Cool Cheesy
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2005, 02:56:16 pm »

Done!  Cheesy

Neal
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2005, 03:04:11 pm »

It will be pleasure Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: