Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 11:06:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's still happening to me  (Read 6458 times)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2005, 06:52:30 pm »

Do any other CAers have a nick name that is only ever used at Le Mans?

Here is the story of mine.

It is usually left to me every year to plan the whole trip, book tickets and ferry, provide food and beer and generally get a bunch of repribates there and back without any of them getting arrested or molested. I don't mind doing this. cos once I get there I can sit back get pissed and enjoy myself knowing that everything is taken care of.
The one thing I do insist on doing is the cooking and even if I say so myself I am a bit of a mean cook. I start preparing food about a month before the off, making a curry, marinating all the BBQ stuff and bashing together a pasta sauce. This is all frozen ready for the tour. I also do the shopping for all the fresh stuff salad bread breakfast stuff etc the morning of departure.

On this particular Saturday evening in 1999 I was busy preparing the meal while listening to Radio Le Mans on my earphones. I was just drizzling the dressing on the salad as Peter Dumbrecks flying Mercedes incident happened. I was so intent on listening to this that I didn't notice that I had drowned the salad in dressing. I thought , Oh well they are all pissed they won't notice.
They all tucked into it and seemed to enjoy it all. After they had finished our very own pirotechnic moniter Semtex Stu was heard to say
"Great meal sh*t salad"

At that moment in time a nick name was born, and I have had to live with it for aweek in June every year since.

So if you see a bunch of guys wandering around  wearing their "Pantyspider Tours" t-shirts  the good looking one with sh*t SALAD BOB emblazoned accross his back will be me.
 Please come over and say hello as it will make a change from talking to a bunch of ungrateful bastards that are my mates.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 07:09:12 pm »

It's a great story Bob, IMO there's not enough of this sort of tale on CA just recently. I could tell you why Chris is called Stilton at LM but it's a family website, so good taste prevents me.

In my crystal ball I see a potential new nickname coming your way. How about "Useless Generator Bob"?  Wink Have your fired the little rascal up yet to see if it works ok?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 07:22:13 pm »

Yeah all fired and tested Andy and a bloody site quieter than our existing one. Two jennys two fridges = more cold beer. A snip at £50.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 08:32:11 pm »

Nice tale Bob, Now  I know how to ID you, you'll definitely be on my "ta mate" list!

Salad dressing? Ohmigod, our lot'll be lucky just to see anything green that isn't a DBR9....

Cheesy

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 12:51:52 am »

2001 on the overnight boat from Poole to Cherbourg. Ian got up to go top the bar with the kitty money for another round and came back with beers for everyone except himself. He'd got himself a bottle of water!

"What are you doing with a bottle of water?" I asked, "You might as well have got yourself a bottle of Babycham!" and the name BABYCHAM has sytuck with him at Le Mans ever since!
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 05:58:41 pm »

Funny story! ha ha  
 Please tell me what is babycham ? Shocked

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 07:09:24 pm »

Randy, Babycham is/was a pissy, fizzy, sweet, pear-based drink for women, specifically feeble minded bimbos with no discernable intellect. A bit like Bud Light really.

It came in tiny bottles containing about the amount you would expect to get if you were offered a good slug of Jack Daniels. It's advertising slogan featured a big gay Bambi with a ribbon round it's neck. I always wanted to stove in it's head with a pick axe, then skin it and get the bastard onto the BBQ.

* babycham.jpg (5.08 KB, 108x195 - viewed 377 times.)

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 07:16:48 pm »

I remember a gay lad taking the empty bottles home after work for some "fun" ? Shocked

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: