Club Arnage
June 03, 2024, 09:56:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Houx Annexe For sale  (Read 16785 times)
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 05:00:53 pm »

No you can't  Grin

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2005, 05:58:13 pm »

"Knowing that people have had a problem getting Houx Annexe tickets this year (one guy on eBay has sold about 10 and managed to obtain something like £150 to £200 per ticket on average)"

I am willing to bet that I know who that guy is.   Angry

May I add that everyone here has been very helpful in getting me sorted out after I had an emergency meltdown of my plans, and although I know some people here from previous years, I'm not a regular.  I will help out a friend in need when I can, but I can bear witness to the number of people here and elsewhere who are in it for what they can get, which is Capitalism when you are doing it and Opportunism when They are doing it.   Wink

Elitist cliques are inevitable in life and anybody who hasn't run into them yet has been living alone for too long probably.
weedeek
CA Veteran

31 years and counting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2005, 06:49:01 pm »

hi kate
you want to mail me and tell me who it is, that way the thieving gipsy doesn't get them Grin
Weedeek
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2005, 06:53:29 pm »

I know there is a guy on another forum who posts messages about an agency having some tickets left when in fact he is the agent! He's recently put another message up saying "dueto a drop out in our group we have the following available, must be sold as a group" which includes entrance, camping and grandstand at inflated prices. Not as high as eBay though!

Kate, maybe you should publish their details openly so we can all keep an eye out for him (or her)
M1lky24
CA Veteran

Armadillo

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2005, 06:54:01 pm »

Is it PC to call them gypsies?  Grin
weedeek
CA Veteran

31 years and counting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2005, 06:57:55 pm »

Wink Who cares, lol, lol, you know who i mean, and so its ok to say that.
Us Scots gt called a lot worse,  Tongue
M1lky24
CA Veteran

Armadillo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2005, 07:03:51 pm »

Never!!
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2005, 07:59:40 pm »

Handing them over on site is a good idea Derek. I'm sure whoever gets them from you will be very happy to do this as it proves they are genuine!

Not such a good idea IMHO. I sold a MB some years back and arranged a handover. Somehow we missed each other at the appointed time & place, which resulted in me hanging about for hours waiting for him to arrive when there were things I would much rather have been doing, and the guy being mad at me as he didn't get a pass. And of course I ended up losing the money on one pass...

Although with therse new fangled mobile communication gizmos, maybe it would be easier...
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2005, 09:06:10 pm »

LOL - i bought a ticket off dark warrior one year, met him at MB for the handover and then went out for a couple (or three)  beers with him n some others....... then his bumbag (fanny bag to the americans on the forum) got "lost" and i spent the next morning with him trying to get his tickets for all his buddies re-instated working back from the one remaining ticket serial number that i was hanging on to for grim death! Blimey....what a panic! can you imagine the lynching when the rest of his mates turned up ....  Shocked

I also got very very drunk, slept in an empty tent on MB, peed on a Range Rover (several times) and lost my voice...but thats beside the point.

Umm........i forgot what the point is now.

Huh
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2005, 09:31:27 pm »

Weedeek, Derek I do want the tickets please and sorry Robbo_28, I am arriving on Wednesday afternoon. Robbo, tell us how many you need and we can all look out for you too.
If it comes to early requesting I first sent my request to this forum, some of whom I was camping with last year in October /November time.

I think there will be very little problem sorting yours out too. We look after our friends here.

Smiley

Bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2005, 10:21:41 pm »

I know there is a guy on another forum who posts messages about an agency having some tickets left when in fact he is the agent! He's recently put another message up saying "dueto a drop out in our group we have the following available, must be sold as a group" which includes entrance, camping and grandstand at inflated prices. Not as high as eBay though!

Kate, maybe you should publish their details openly so we can all keep an eye out for him (or her)

I told Smokie about him privately.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2005, 12:27:53 am »

Kate most certainly did.

Just a small plea here though. People start these threads because they need or have a ticket. It would help them if the threads were left to their original purpose, and discussion took place in a different thread. I don't have the time or inclination to delete irrelevant stuff so please bear this in mind when taking any thread off topic...
weedeek
CA Veteran

31 years and counting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2005, 10:03:22 am »

Fair comment, I will say sorry just now. weedeek
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2005, 10:17:51 am »

For the record I'm looking for 2 Houx Annexe tickets

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Dark Warrior
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2005, 11:21:32 am »

Re Frans comment,

I did indeed have a shocker that night...  Shocked

The next day, I managed to get duplicates issued of the grandstand tickets that belonged to most of my mates (fair play to the ACO people.. they were great) a couple however were taken that were on their own and I had no evidence of the ticket numbers...

Step in Big H, who on hearing my wailing, gnashing of teeth and comments about ne'er do wells, thieves and other lowlife, from their pitch adjacent to mine, offered a couple of spares... As all my cash and cards had been taken I was somewhat short of funds, he allowed me to forward the payment the followoing week....

He's a top man and sums up the spirit of the people who attend...

On a couple of other points.... I know the owner of the 'empty' tent and my wailing and gnashing of teeth was surpassed only by the owner of the Range Rover adjacent to my pitch... Grin

DW

DW
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: